No Award of Excellence

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
For the last 2 years, Himself has won an Award of Excellence in an art contest put on by the DHHR Rehab Division. ALL artists must be in some way disabled. This year no Award of Excellence.
A flutist in the Community Band taught one of the ladies who organizes this in 4th grade, before moving to being a middle school math teacher. She went with us to the Reception to surprise Tracy. As we were leaving, teacher & Tracy are saying goodbye when a lady walks over obviously wanting to speak to Tracy. Since her back was to me, Tracy did not see her so I said, "Tracy, this lady wants to speak to you." Lady says, "Can you tell me where I will find John Panek?" Tracy replies, "Right here."
Lady proceeds to inform Himself that she is with the State Museum and they want one of his paintings for the permanent exhibit. At first I thought she was wanting it donated and then she said the wonderful words, you will be receiving a check in the mail. This is an oil he did at our daughter's house in Iowa while i was in Germany.
\Users\ghbb1\Pictures\My Scans\eShannon'sBackYard.jpg
eShannon%27sBackYard.jpg

thumbs_up.gif

Awards come cheap. it is when you get a check for your work and it promptly displayed for the world to see is when the award is clearly earned. Congrats to Himself!

Better than an award! You will have to go and see it on display of course! Give my congratulations to Himself.

thumbs_up.gif

Awards come cheap. it is when you get a check for your work and it promptly displayed for the world to see is when the award is clearly earned. Congrats to Himself!.
Awards come cheap. it is when you get a check for your work
Awards of Excellence cane with a check - not as big nor as prestigious as going in the State Museum.

State museum! MOst excellent! props to you both as to my mind its not just the artist its the support team as well!

How cool is that! Congratulations to Himself...and to the "Wind beneath his Wings"!

Thank you, thank you. He did this oil for fun and something to do. He is best known for his paintings of classic vintage motorcycles. Now he will be best known for this.

Back