No Vacancy means?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6:15 am is very different from 1:30 am ... to me, one is morning and the other is the middle of the nite. i had people come to the door asking for directions a lot ... it was a business, so people came to the door usually thinking 'front desk staff'..
SS, I see your point, but it doesn't seem that much different when it's still dark outside, mostly dark inside and all the guests are still sleeping!
Little Blue said:
SS, I see your point, but it doesn't seem that much different when it's still dark outside, mostly dark inside and all the guests are still sleeping!
If we're talking right now, we're talking apples and oranges. This is the 'Sunrise Coast' here. Bright daylight at 4:30 AM, altho it's starting to push toward 5 AM. Now, for you, maybe different. I would not have thought it would be dark at 6 AM anywhere in the US in the summer.
[/quote]
If we're talking right now, we're talking apples and oranges. This is the 'Sunrise Coast' here. Bright daylight at 4:30 AM, altho it's starting to push toward 5 AM. Now, for you, maybe different. I would not have thought it would be dark at 6 AM anywhere in the US in the summer.
[/quote]
yes, it is very easy to forget that

was just thinking of having the door bell on a switch....but then I realized they would then bang on the door.....
guess there is no clear answer/solution.
Hmm....thinking of door bells on switches....It maybe....Inns with 2 or 3 floors of rooms.....have a door bell on each level that can be switched on and off.....so that doing room prep and service one can more easily hear the bell.

Just getting ready for bed the other night when that pesky door bell rang (Vacancy sign was out). Was a couple out touring in their Corvette. Turned into a nice 3 night stay
regular_smile.gif

was just thinking of having the door bell on a switch....but then I realized they would then bang on the door.....
Hmm....thinking of door bells on switches....It maybe....Inns with 2 or 3 floors of rooms.....have a door bell on each level that can be switched on and off.....so that doing room prep and service one can more easily hear the bell..
The multiple level door bell switch would probably be more trouble than it is worth. Things get chaotic enough when flipping rooms to try to keep track of which floor the doorbell is turned on for.
I do think there is a real market though for a doorbell system that has a timer. After 10PM (or whatever time you choose) the bell stops working but an audible recording plays at the door that says something like "If you do not have a reservation, please leave, we do not take walk-ins at this hour of the night. The hotel is 2 miles ahead on your left. The number there is 800-555-1234." and between 9AM and 3pm it would say "Check-in is after 3PM. We are busy preparing your room for your stay. If you are looking for something to do ...."
It could be marketed as the B&B Bell.
lightbulb.gif

Hmm....thinking of door bells on switches....It maybe....Inns with 2 or 3 floors of rooms.....have a door bell on each level that can be switched on and off.....so that doing room prep and service one can more easily hear the bell..
The multiple level door bell switch would probably be more trouble than it is worth. Things get chaotic enough when flipping rooms to try to keep track of which floor the doorbell is turned on for.
I do think there is a real market though for a doorbell system that has a timer. After 10PM (or whatever time you choose) the bell stops working but an audible recording plays at the door that says something like "If you do not have a reservation, please leave, we do not take walk-ins at this hour of the night. The hotel is 2 miles ahead on your left. The number there is 800-555-1234." and between 9AM and 3pm it would say "Check-in is after 3PM. We are busy preparing your room for your stay. If you are looking for something to do ...."
lightbulb.gif

That has potential.
My problem is registered guests who can't get in the house. I won't answer the phone so they have to ring the bell.

lightbulb.gif

That has potential.
My problem is registered guests who can't get in the house. I won't answer the phone so they have to ring the bell.
Bree said:
So if they rang it again it could have a followup message that says, "check your confirmation, it will have instructions for you on how to get in"
And of course if they ring it a 3rd time another message would kick in that says, "You didn't come prepared with what you need to get in, if you look behind the bushes to the right of the door, you will find two sticks to rub together to keep warm. Fear not, when we let you in first thing in the morning, the hot coffee will make you feel better. :) "

lightbulb.gif

That has potential.
Bree said:
So if they rang it again it could have a followup message that says, "check your confirmation, it will have instructions for you on how to get in"
And of course if they ring it a 3rd time another message would kick in that says, "You didn't come prepared with what you need to get in, if you look behind the bushes to the right of the door, you will find two sticks to rub together to keep warm. Fear not, when we let you in first thing in the morning, the hot coffee will make you feel better. :) "
Can I have it say, 'What did I tell you not to forget when you left the house?'

Back