Not our week

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry to hear dh has not been well, hope he's better soon (hopefully he is by now).
Sometimes it feels like the gods are against you. Towards the end of June we had guests in for 3 nights who woke us every morning between 5.30 and 6am, cos they were up and about (which makes us tired and irritable, which just exaggerates other problems) , I had the overbook problem with b . c mentioned in another thread and in the space of 10 days a washing machine broke, then the tumble dryer and then the dishwasher, was dishwasherless for 10 days.
Makes you want to scream but you have to keep plodding on..
What was a quiet night last night turned into a full house in the space of an hour. The fridge is on the fritz so we have to unload the freezer, thaw it out, clean it out and then repack it with all the food.
DH is better but he had a tooth fall out 2 weeks ago and he has to get it fixed now that he's healthy again. (Long story that starts many years ago with a drunken subordinate and ends with that subordinate's court martial and DH minus a few teeth.)
Dang! Just now reading this... You've really been through it!!
I hope things settle down to normal Summer cRaZy soon...
This week everyone is healthy but we are on our own, no housekeeper. 2 groups. One with language barriers. One a wedding. Both with boundary issues. But, we have only one more group to go this summer and then we're clear.
I've got to figure out how to make an anonymous reservation at your place; show up to check-in at 8AM, tell you that I need a Jain breakfast, I need sheets that are ironed, daily, I can only use pure castile soap and I can wash only in heated ocean water... just so I can see you at your best!

So sorry to hear dh has not been well, hope he's better soon (hopefully he is by now).
Sometimes it feels like the gods are against you. Towards the end of June we had guests in for 3 nights who woke us every morning between 5.30 and 6am, cos they were up and about (which makes us tired and irritable, which just exaggerates other problems) , I had the overbook problem with b . c mentioned in another thread and in the space of 10 days a washing machine broke, then the tumble dryer and then the dishwasher, was dishwasherless for 10 days.
Makes you want to scream but you have to keep plodding on..
What was a quiet night last night turned into a full house in the space of an hour. The fridge is on the fritz so we have to unload the freezer, thaw it out, clean it out and then repack it with all the food.
DH is better but he had a tooth fall out 2 weeks ago and he has to get it fixed now that he's healthy again. (Long story that starts many years ago with a drunken subordinate and ends with that subordinate's court martial and DH minus a few teeth.)
Dang! Just now reading this... You've really been through it!!
I hope things settle down to normal Summer cRaZy soon...
This week everyone is healthy but we are on our own, no housekeeper. 2 groups. One with language barriers. One a wedding. Both with boundary issues. But, we have only one more group to go this summer and then we're clear.
I've got to figure out how to make an anonymous reservation at your place; show up to check-in at 8AM, tell you that I need a Jain breakfast, I need sheets that are ironed, daily, I can only use pure castile soap and I can wash only in heated ocean water... just so I can see you at your best!
I'm sure everyone would enjoy that unbiased TA review. And perhaps the police blotter, too. ;-)

Back