Not too much to ask is it?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have no answer to the claustrophobia booking
as for the lady with an 80 year old sis and newly deceased mom, i guess it's possible.
but, do you take pets for a fee? i thought you did not.
and do you have the kind of rooms they are looking for?
i get folks who look at the website and then get tired of reading all the info so they just call or email and ask rather than trying to find the answer on the site. just spent some time with an aunt with failing eye sight. after about 15 minutes looking at a computer screen, she can't stand it any more..
seashanty said:
as for the lady with an 80 year old sis and newly deceased mom, i guess it's possible.
i get folks who look at the website and then get tired of reading all the info so they just call or email and ask rather than trying to find the answer on the site. just spent some time with an aunt with failing eye sight. after about 15 minutes looking at a computer screen, she can't stand it any more.
Everything she asked for was a no. Our check in time is even a no, we don't check in at noon, esp on Christmas eve! ha ha I thought it was someone here pulling me leg, it was so far off the mark for our B&B.
I am still impressed that she bulleted her requirements tho since her sister is 80,she would be up there in years as well. GO GRANNY.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
I think it is fake
all no ? that makes absolutely no sense. sounds almost like someone trying to set you up.
sorry to say ........
seashanty said:
all no ? that makes absolutely no sense. sounds almost like someone trying to set you up.
sorry to say ........
I gotta say (and I didn't send the email, btw, in case anyone's wondering why I keep defending it) it's a pretty typical email for me. Minus the bulleted list. Can you do this, that or the other thing? The dog especially. I'm always getting dog inquiries for rooms other than the one that expressly allows dogs. And checking in and out on a holiday is par around here. Guests are here to visit family and don't want to spend a dime more than necessary. Arrive at 9 PM or later (after dinner) on T-Day and checkout the next day. Or, check-in at noon so they can get to dinner.
Bree said:
seashanty said:
sorry to say ........
I gotta say (and I didn't send the email, btw, in case anyone's wondering why I keep defending it) it's a pretty typical email for me. Minus the bulleted list. Can you do this, that or the other thing? The dog especially. I'm always getting dog inquiries for rooms other than the one that expressly allows dogs. And checking in and out on a holiday is par around here. Guests are here to visit family and don't want to spend a dime more than necessary. Arrive at 9 PM or later (after dinner) on T-Day and checkout the next day. Or, check-in at noon so they can get to dinner.
I might get one or more of these questions, never in an email like this. All of the answers to these questions/requirements are on one page, the rooms page. To get to the email section of our website and bypass the rooms info doesn't make sense. That is why I think it is not real. Someone suggested she sent it off to a dozen B&B's as the same format and question. If it is a real person, then this is what happened.

i get folks who look at the website and then get tired of reading all the info so they just call or email and ask rather than trying to find the answer on the site. just spent some time with an aunt with failing eye sight. after about 15 minutes looking at a computer screen, she can't stand it any more..
seashanty said:
i get folks who look at the website and then get tired of reading all the info so they just call or email and ask rather than trying to find the answer on the site. just spent some time with an aunt with failing eye sight. after about 15 minutes looking at a computer screen, she can't stand it any more.
Everything she asked for was a no. Our check in time is even a no, we don't check in at noon, esp on Christmas eve! ha ha I thought it was someone here pulling me leg, it was so far off the mark for our B&B.
I am still impressed that she bulleted her requirements tho since her sister is 80,she would be up there in years as well. GO GRANNY.
I think it is fake
sorry to say ........
seashanty said:
sorry to say ........
Bree said:
seashanty said:
sorry to say ........
I might get one or more of these questions, never in an email like this. All of the answers to these questions/requirements are on one page, the rooms page. To get to the email section of our website and bypass the rooms info doesn't make sense. That is why I think it is not real. Someone suggested she sent it off to a dozen B&B's as the same format and question. If it is a real person, then this is what happened.
In my case, there is an email link on every page. NO ONE has to read any further than that. Do you wonder why I'm spending so much time on that one dopey picture?

seashanty said:
I think it is fake
sorry to say ........
seashanty said:
sorry to say ........
Bree said:
seashanty said:
sorry to say ........
In my case, there is an email link on every page. NO ONE has to read any further than that. Do you wonder why I'm spending so much time on that one dopey picture?
Bree said:
Guess what? This is big news. I have guests here who read our website! I am serious, I had heart failure when I found out.
This is their 13th night in the states, the 10th B&B. Most traveling B&B's night after night forget what the heck they even booked! Which is why I orig had our PHOTO from the front on our confirmation (but now due to filters just have text.) He left the luggage outside and came in. Then when I showed them their room I showed him the outside door/staiway and there were the bags!
He said, I read we had our own outside door, so I didn't bother bringing them all the way in here up the front.
Bree, this is the first time in nearly 5 years someone has done this! Sure they zip out that door to get bags, but to be proactive and leave them there? WAY TO GO!

seashanty said:
I think it is fake
sorry to say ........
seashanty said:
sorry to say ........
Bree said:
seashanty said:
sorry to say ........
Bree said:
Guess what? This is big news. I have guests here who read our website! I am serious, I had heart failure when I found out.
This is their 13th night in the states, the 10th B&B. Most traveling B&B's night after night forget what the heck they even booked! Which is why I orig had our PHOTO from the front on our confirmation (but now due to filters just have text.) He left the luggage outside and came in. Then when I showed them their room I showed him the outside door/staiway and there were the bags!
He said, I read we had our own outside door, so I didn't bother bringing them all the way in here up the front.
Bree, this is the first time in nearly 5 years someone has done this! Sure they zip out that door to get bags, but to be proactive and leave them there? WAY TO GO!
Never happen here. Even those with the room on the patio drag the bags up the stairs to check-in. Unless they've been here before and know. I salute your guest!

seashanty said:
I think it is fake
sorry to say ........
seashanty said:
sorry to say ........
Bree said:
seashanty said:
sorry to say ........
Bree said:
Never happen here. Even those with the room on the patio drag the bags up the stairs to check-in. Unless they've been here before and know. I salute your guest!
Bree said:
Me too! Not to scare off guests who just drove 4 hours, but I was pleased! I told them you are the first guests to ever think of it. Then I made them a cuppa and bob's yer uncle.

seashanty said:
I think it is fake
sorry to say ........
seashanty said:
sorry to say ........
Bree said:
seashanty said:
sorry to say ........
Bree said:
Bree said:
Me too! Not to scare off guests who just drove 4 hours, but I was pleased! I told them you are the first guests to ever think of it. Then I made them a cuppa and bob's yer uncle.
Are they coming North? Have they been North?

seashanty said:
I think it is fake
sorry to say ........
seashanty said:
sorry to say ........
Bree said:
seashanty said:
sorry to say ........
Bree said:
Bree said:
Bree said:
Flying out of Dulles tomorrow.

Back