Now Entering the 21st Century!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm to the point where I hate to stay somewhere without WiFi. And if I have a choice betweeen two places to stay, the one with will win every time.
My theory is I want my B&B to be the one "with." With WiFi, with TV's, with AC, with private baths... etc., etc.
=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
I'm to the point where I hate to stay somewhere without WiFi. And if I have a choice betweeen two places to stay, the one with will win every time.
My theory is I want my B&B to be the one "with." With WiFi, with TV's, with AC, with private baths... etc., etc.
=)
Kk.
When I built our cottages, I wired them for satellite TV. Because of budgetary contraints, we delayed the purchase of TVs and satellite equipment. We have received nothing but praise for NOT having TVs in the rooms. We're in the woods and guests would rather sit around the campfire and watch the sun go down and, of all things, talk. Air Conditioning is a must and a given in the South.

=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
When I built our cottages, I wired them for satellite TV. Because of budgetary contraints, we delayed the purchase of TVs and satellite equipment. We have received nothing but praise for NOT having TVs in the rooms. We're in the woods and guests would rather sit around the campfire and watch the sun go down and, of all things, talk. Air Conditioning is a must and a given in the South.
Proud Texan said:
We have received nothing but praise for NOT having TVs in the rooms. We're in the woods and guests would rather sit around the campfire and watch the sun go down and, of all things, talk.
I think that is great. However I'll offer my standard caution about data from self-fullfilling populations. (This assumes you specify you have no TV in rooms on your website and other marketing) The people that choose to stay with you are the ones who that appeals to. The people who you never hear from are the ones who felt having a TV was important enough to look for somewhere else to stay. There is nothing wrong with that, (we all should be attracting who we want to attract) as long as you factor that idea into the data.
As JBJ often cautions, Absense of proof is not proof of absense.

=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
Proud Texan said:
We have received nothing but praise for NOT having TVs in the rooms. We're in the woods and guests would rather sit around the campfire and watch the sun go down and, of all things, talk.
I think that is great. However I'll offer my standard caution about data from self-fullfilling populations. (This assumes you specify you have no TV in rooms on your website and other marketing) The people that choose to stay with you are the ones who that appeals to. The people who you never hear from are the ones who felt having a TV was important enough to look for somewhere else to stay. There is nothing wrong with that, (we all should be attracting who we want to attract) as long as you factor that idea into the data.
swirt said:
Proud Texan said:
Good point. However, I must agree with the reasoning behind what my guests have said. We like to think that we're a "couples retreat", so in that sense we market (and appeal) to those looking for privacy, seclusion and quiet. That's fine with us. I'm not all that crazy about noise. That's why we moved to the woods.

Back