OK, cropped...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I can't get it to come up yet. I keep reloading but still now showing..
Just scroll to the bottom of any page and click on "featured inns"
swirt said:
Ha, ha you are sooooo funny. Here we have been just hitting the links hoping to see whatever pic and there's the link at the bottom of the page. Hey, I never said I read everything!
Bree said:
swirt said:
Ha, ha you are sooooo funny. Here we have been just hitting the links hoping to see whatever pic and there's the link at the bottom of the page. Hey, I never said I read everything!
I only did that to see the rotational forces at work.
There are more efficient ways to investigate Torque and angular momentum. I'm usually a pretty stable guy so all my Torques sum to zero. Sorry...physics humor.
poke.gif

swirt said:
There are more efficient ways to investigate Torque and angular momentum. I'm usually a pretty stable guy so all my Torques sum to zero. Sorry...physics humor.
poke.gif
Gee and here I thought you finally caved and started watching NASCAR.
omg_smile.gif

See there is a lot of physics in NASCAR. Like Bristol TN/VA besides the fact the town sits in two states - 4 G-force on that track. It is more like a velodrome. Can you imagine 4 g-'s on your neck and spine for 3 to 4 hours?
And you thought it was a hillbilly sport. See the fans are really all physics majors. LOL (that is laugh out loud, not lots of luck)
Interesting, I hadn't heard of that before.
swirt said:
TORQUE. A very familiar word in stock car racing.
This is the thing, when we have NASCAR weekends here - we have the most interesting guests. We don't get the sterotypical women in stilettos with big hair who go in the RV's and sip Bud.
In fact another innkeeper on the forum is not too far from Talledega AL and doesn't get stock car racing either, she might be able fill up on those weekends. That is I believe, the fastest track in NASCAR. The cars race in formation similar to a train, for the downforce effect. You know, slipstream. Then there is the clean air issue. The driver in the front gets the clean air intake and usually cannot be caught. This is all part of racing, the technical aspects.
So there are plenty of edumucated people into NASCAR the fasted growing sport, biggest fan base. And a few rednecks just for fun!
We're only 20 minutes from Watkins Glen (The Glen) and we have yet to have anyone stay here specifically for a race. It's funny, we expected we'd fill with fans for the race weekends...we fill up, but they are always wine fans ;)

I absolutely love your front porch picture. Late into this fray, but it would be really hard to beat. You might want to use your table picture on your breakfast page.
I have so much work to do on my pictures and web sites but no time lately.

swirt said:
Bree said:
swirt said:
poke.gif

swirt said:
poke.gif
omg_smile.gif

See there is a lot of physics in NASCAR. Like Bristol TN/VA besides the fact the town sits in two states - 4 G-force on that track. It is more like a velodrome. Can you imagine 4 g-'s on your neck and spine for 3 to 4 hours?
And you thought it was a hillbilly sport. See the fans are really all physics majors. LOL (that is laugh out loud, not lots of luck)
swirt said:
This is the thing, when we have NASCAR weekends here - we have the most interesting guests. We don't get the sterotypical women in stilettos with big hair who go in the RV's and sip Bud.
In fact another innkeeper on the forum is not too far from Talledega AL and doesn't get stock car racing either, she might be able fill up on those weekends. That is I believe, the fastest track in NASCAR. The cars race in formation similar to a train, for the downforce effect. You know, slipstream. Then there is the clean air issue. The driver in the front gets the clean air intake and usually cannot be caught. This is all part of racing, the technical aspects.
So there are plenty of edumucated people into NASCAR the fasted growing sport, biggest fan base. And a few rednecks just for fun!
We're only 20 minutes from Watkins Glen (The Glen) and we have yet to have anyone stay here specifically for a race. It's funny, we expected we'd fill with fans for the race weekends...we fill up, but they are always wine fans ;)
Well gosh..if I had thought about that..we could come and stay with you. That is one track I have always wanted to go to. It reminds me of the Mid Ohio track. When my hubby was on a Can Am pit crew way back when...he went to Watkins Glen all the time.

swirt said:
Bree said:
swirt said:
poke.gif

swirt said:
poke.gif
omg_smile.gif

swirt said:
swirt said:
Are you on the website as lodging? I guarantee you will have people book.
Go from Nascar.com to their official website and click on FAN INFO at top. They will list you for free.

Can I change my career on the other thread from Hitman to Hijacker? Boy I sure hijacked this thread. OOPS.

swirt said:
Bree said:
swirt said:
poke.gif

swirt said:
poke.gif
omg_smile.gif

swirt said:
swirt said:
Go from Nascar.com to their official website and click on FAN INFO at top. They will list you for free.
We are on the Watkins Glen site. We always fill up for the races so I am not worried, just always find it interesting that our guests are not here for the races. I'd have to pay closer attention to when they announce the schedule at the Glen, maybe by the time they announce it, we are already booked. Maybe its because we are couples-only and races are more of a family thing??

swirt said:
Bree said:
swirt said:
poke.gif

swirt said:
poke.gif
omg_smile.gif

swirt said:
Well gosh..if I had thought about that..we could come and stay with you. That is one track I have always wanted to go to. It reminds me of the Mid Ohio track. When my hubby was on a Can Am pit crew way back when...he went to Watkins Glen all the time.
Just say the word.

swirt said:
Bree said:
swirt said:
poke.gif

swirt said:
poke.gif
omg_smile.gif

swirt said:
I'm another one who doesn't get NASCAR. I really have no interest in it and there are a plethora of people here that live for it.
I have been to the Watkins Glen area for the nature though :) I would be a wine fan in Swirt's area, definitely!
I think for Talladega Speedway, there is plenty of lodging in Birmingham, AL and the Atlanta Metro area which are straight shots to the track.

swirt said:
Bree said:
swirt said:
poke.gif

swirt said:
poke.gif
omg_smile.gif

swirt said:
swirt said:
We are on the Watkins Glen site. We always fill up for the races so I am not worried, just always find it interesting that our guests are not here for the races. I'd have to pay closer attention to when they announce the schedule at the Glen, maybe by the time they announce it, we are already booked. Maybe its because we are couples-only and races are more of a family thing??
swirt said:
more of a couple thing versus family thing. Or all girls or all guys. Last year had two teachers from Ohio, it was her bday wish, the men stayed home with the kids! Might be teens there but not a lot of "kids" in the stands.

Back