olive oil and vinegar to clean stainless steel?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
i have to clean a mostly stainless kitchen early tomorrow morning ... and have no stainless cleaner.
read online to wipe with olive oil on cloth, wipe off with vinegar soaked cloth. than let dry.
has anyone used this and does it work?
or do you have another method with household things i probably have?
thanks

We sell a product called "Gleemit" for stainless protection. It is not a cleaner but a product to make the stainless look good. Similar to what you have discovered, vinegar to remove any residue and clean off the finger prints and the olive oil to give the look. ( wipe off any excess). The main ingredent in "Gleamit" is canola oil ( with some preservatives). Food safe & the kids and dog can lick it. It works great. It is a simple solution for a great look. Just reapply with a sponge as needed.
PS Swirt...Where is that spell chekc?
BBBob

We sell a product called "Gleemit" for stainless protection. It is not a cleaner but a product to make the stainless look good. Similar to what you have discovered, vinegar to remove any residue and clean off the finger prints and the olive oil to give the look. ( wipe off any excess). The main ingredent in "Gleamit" is canola oil ( with some preservatives). Food safe & the kids and dog can lick it. It works great. It is a simple solution for a great look. Just reapply with a sponge as needed.
PS Swirt...Where is that spell chekc?
BBBob.
We can vouch for "Gleemit"...

well ... i can't buy anything for early tomorrow morning. thanks. was just asking about olive oil and vinegar or other things i might have around the house.

A spray bottle with water and roughly a half cup of ammonia works very well for shining stainless. It is basicly a degreaser that leaves no residue when it dries. (if you have really hard water, use bottled water instead)

Back