One guest changes policy

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had flameless candles all over the place and it was in our policies... and in the room info explaining ... mort, i didn't realize you allowed candles. we told guests it was because of our fire insurance policy ... old building, wooden decks, etc.
guests really liked the flameless candles ... i set them inside other things to make them look more real. i had columns, tapers and tea lights that i put inside jars.
confession: i am a naked flame lover (
embaressed_smile.gif
).
I didn't allow or disallow candles, we just didn't have any problems before this one. (After I removed all the candles the PO's left behind in the rooms.)

Re: the flameless battery candles. We had them out, but two sets of guests tried very hard to get them to light with a match!.
It seems to help a little to turn at least one of those battery candles upside down so they realize it's fake instead of real. I haven't had any more attempts to light one since then.
LOVE the new avatar, Innkeep!

i had flameless candles all over the place and it was in our policies... and in the room info explaining ... mort, i didn't realize you allowed candles. we told guests it was because of our fire insurance policy ... old building, wooden decks, etc.
guests really liked the flameless candles ... i set them inside other things to make them look more real. i had columns, tapers and tea lights that i put inside jars.
confession: i am a naked flame lover (
embaressed_smile.gif
).
Same here...the tea lights are in all kinds of pretty votive holders. I also have battery operated pillars that look real. I only had one moron try to light a tea light - a SMOKER!
The only naked flames allowed here were at the breakfast table....under my control.
wink_smile.gif

Back