One room only

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Have you considered adding one room only to an OTA or is that ridiculous?
Was just wondering if anyone has ever attempted that. Take it offline from your regular system and test it out. Without having to have myallocator and all of that, just your least booked room.

nope but we only put one of each type on for air but do stick to reservation request.

No, haven't done it that way. The way I do it is to list a 'standard queen' room and then you get whatever's left when you get here. (Sometimes you get as king room!)

I don't but another B&B near me does it. Makes it a two night minimum. Works for her.

I do the same as Mort. I list a 'standard room' on the OTA, but also keep all rooms active on my own system. If I start filling up for a certain date, I will remove it from the OTA for that time frame as I am able to sell it myself.
The OTA guest will get what ever room is available when they get here. No choice.
I have also stated 2 room min on weekends & non-refundable for all OTA bookings. It keeps the fake bookings down.

Back