Online reservations

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I share something?
You know i have the same thing around here, and worse. Like I say if 50% of he restaurants closed we would have a happier world. At least 50% serve substandard food and service.
But I actually got a card in the mail from a museum curator thanking me for sending them a couple guests last week. I have blogged it and sent guests there forever (which they probably didn't know) so it was GREAT to get that acknowledgement! The right thing, someone did the right thing! I nearly fell over when I got it. HURRAY!.
Wow, what a wonderful gesture! All any of us are looking for is to know that we are appreciated. I bet you'll send even more guests there.
Years ago, I received a phone booking and when I asked how he found us, he told me that we were referred by a B&B in a town 1/2 hour away. I didn't know the innkeeper or the b&b. After I took the booking, I called the innkeeper to thank them for the referral and I thought she would have a heart attack! She told me that in the 18 years she had been in business, I was the first innkeeper to call her to thank her for a referral. That's scandolous!!! We're now very good friends and learn a lot from each other.
It's amazing what a simple "thank you" will do, not only for you but for your business.
I'd do a shout out to a restaurant in Sedona, AZ that recently threw a big thank you party to all the B&B's in the area that recommend people go to them, but unfortunatley I don't know the name of the restaurant. But how great is that?! I was astounded when I heard that story. Betsy, if you see this post please let us know the name of the restaurant.

Can I share something?
You know i have the same thing around here, and worse. Like I say if 50% of he restaurants closed we would have a happier world. At least 50% serve substandard food and service.
But I actually got a card in the mail from a museum curator thanking me for sending them a couple guests last week. I have blogged it and sent guests there forever (which they probably didn't know) so it was GREAT to get that acknowledgement! The right thing, someone did the right thing! I nearly fell over when I got it. HURRAY!.
Wow, what a wonderful gesture! All any of us are looking for is to know that we are appreciated. I bet you'll send even more guests there.
Years ago, I received a phone booking and when I asked how he found us, he told me that we were referred by a B&B in a town 1/2 hour away. I didn't know the innkeeper or the b&b. After I took the booking, I called the innkeeper to thank them for the referral and I thought she would have a heart attack! She told me that in the 18 years she had been in business, I was the first innkeeper to call her to thank her for a referral. That's scandolous!!! We're now very good friends and learn a lot from each other.
It's amazing what a simple "thank you" will do, not only for you but for your business.
I'd do a shout out to a restaurant in Sedona, AZ that recently threw a big thank you party to all the B&B's in the area that recommend people go to them, but unfortunatley I don't know the name of the restaurant. But how great is that?! I was astounded when I heard that story. Betsy, if you see this post please let us know the name of the restaurant.
Javelina Cantina? Man that place was good!!! It's the only restaurant name I can remember from our stay in Sedona a few years back. There was a brewery type place, down in the big village complex in the middle of town.

Can I share something?
Javelina Cantina? Man that place was good!!! It's the only restaurant name I can remember from our stay in Sedona a few years back. There was a brewery type place, down in the big village complex in the middle of town.
If you remember the name, and it was a few years back, it MUST have been good! I am going to Sedona in two weeks...may have to check it out - thanks for the recommendation - I'll let you know if it was the one that threw the party!

Can I share something?
If you remember the name, and it was a few years back, it MUST have been good! I am going to Sedona in two weeks...may have to check it out - thanks for the recommendation - I'll let you know if it was the one that threw the party!
Oh it was fantastic! Margaritas and fish tacos...YUMMM!!!!! The brewery place was good too, just can't remember the name. Food is SO expensive in Sedona. So is lodging, their lodging tax is like 17% which most people don't realize until they check out. We got lucky, we didn't know this ahead of time but as it was two couples and we were going for a whole week we rented a condo so avoided the hotel portion of the tax.
If you're looking for excellent authentic Native America jewelry while you're there, the little tent shops outside the Dairy Queen have great stuff!

Can I share something?
Oh it was fantastic! Margaritas and fish tacos...YUMMM!!!!! The brewery place was good too, just can't remember the name. Food is SO expensive in Sedona. So is lodging, their lodging tax is like 17% which most people don't realize until they check out. We got lucky, we didn't know this ahead of time but as it was two couples and we were going for a whole week we rented a condo so avoided the hotel portion of the tax.
If you're looking for excellent authentic Native America jewelry while you're there, the little tent shops outside the Dairy Queen have great stuff!
You are a wealth of information! My friend will love the scoop on the NA jewelry. Thank you! We are splurging and staying (only one night) at the Canyon Villa - see if it is all it is cracked up to be. Boy, the typed words sure make me think about what I am saying - "cracked up to be" where did that come from? but I say it all the time!

Can I share something?
Cucina Rustica was the restaurant that held the innkeeper appreciation night in Sedona, AZ My friend also said that Judis was good - now I have too many places that I want to eat and not enough time!

Back