Online Travelers spend more

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me it means sell those packages and add ons while they are booking online!!.
Joe Bloggs said:
To me it means sell those packages and add ons while they are booking online!!
And how does one do that effectively? I have "special add-ons" on my website and they are listed on my Webervations page.
I seldom get a nibble. Depending on the guest's reason for travel, I'll push an in-room massage or flowers. Most of the time, they're just looking for a bargin.
Is your in-room massage covered by your insurance company? I had a massage locally. The gal asked if I considered a package deal. She offered to come to our bnb to do the massages. I asked our insurance company. Even though she had her own insurance, our insurance wouldn't cover me if anything happened.
I once made $25 for a dozen roses from Wal-Mart plus a vase. Cost to me was somewhere around $15.
C

Unfortunately, they're not spending it here!
cry_smile.gif
Not spending it here, either...apparently the trend is to pack 7 human beings in a room.
Samster said:
Not spending it here, either...apparently the trend is to pack 7 human beings in a room.
I really don't get it. If they can't afford it, why don't they just go to a motel? If they want the B&B experience, then they're going to have to pay for it.
Well, not only that but how much of a "B&B experience" do you get with a couple of kids, your mother-in-law, and your sister & brother-in-law in adjoining rooms? I'm just sayin'......
Samster said:
Well, not only that but how much of a "B&B experience" do you get with a couple of kids, your mother-in-law, and your sister & brother-in-law in adjoining rooms? I'm just sayin'......
That's what some people call a romantic weekend.
lol-053.gif

Proud Texan said:
Samster said:
lol-053.gif
I was going to make a joke about a family reunion...and it did NOT involve WV! I was going to say Alabama...
smileystooges.gif

There re a lot of States that get that - WV, KY, MS, TN, AL to name a few. Such is life....

Joe Bloggs said:
And how does one do that effectively? I have "special add-ons" on my website and they are listed on my Webervations page.
I seldom get a nibble. Depending on the guest's reason for travel, I'll push an in-room massage or flowers. Most of the time, they're just looking for a bargin.
Is your in-room massage covered by your insurance company? I had a massage locally. The gal asked if I considered a package deal. She offered to come to our bnb to do the massages. I asked our insurance company. Even though she had her own insurance, our insurance wouldn't cover me if anything happened.
I once made $25 for a dozen roses from Wal-Mart plus a vase. Cost to me was somewhere around $15.
C
I had my massage person add us to her insurance and the Historical Assoc had me add them to my insurance since I am taking guests there. That is how you CYA with the insurance problem.
Edited to add the rider cost me $30 for the year.

Unfortunately, they're not spending it here!
cry_smile.gif
Samster said:
I really don't get it. If they can't afford it, why don't they just go to a motel? If they want the B&B experience, then they're going to have to pay for it.
Samster said:
lol-053.gif

Proud Texan said:
Samster said:
lol-053.gif
I was going to make a joke about a family reunion...and it did NOT involve WV! I was going to say Alabama...
smileystooges.gif

There re a lot of States that get that - WV, KY, MS, TN, AL to name a few. Such is life....
Alabama actually deserves it! Yuk, yuk
teeth_smile.gif

While they may not spend twice as much on their Inn stay, they are able to research their vacations well in advance, and plan for the things they want to do and see. People who come into an area with no idea what to do, and no idea what there is to do probably don't spend as much money overall.

Joe Bloggs said:
C
I had my massage person add us to her insurance and the Historical Assoc had me add them to my insurance since I am taking guests there. That is how you CYA with the insurance problem.
Thanks.

Joe Bloggs said:
C
gillumhouse said:
Huh? Are you saying that you are sharing insurance liability with your masseuse and the Historical Association? I've never heard of that.

While they may not spend twice as much on their Inn stay, they are able to research their vacations well in advance, and plan for the things they want to do and see. People who come into an area with no idea what to do, and no idea what there is to do probably don't spend as much money overall..
Little Blue said:
While they may not spend twice as much on their Inn stay, they are able to research their vacations well in advance, and plan for the things they want to do and see. People who come into an area with no idea what to do, and no idea what there is to do probably don't spend as much money overall.
I have a page on my website that is updated monthly with the areas activities. Hopefully, while they're planning their activities in the area, they'll decided to stay here. It seems to have been working so far.

Joe Bloggs said:
C
WHat? I would never have done that? Doesn't sound like a good thing to me.
I want NO responsibility for massage in my B & B. IT is entirely up to her to have the insurance.

Joe Bloggs said:
C
gillumhouse said:
Huh? Are you saying that you are sharing insurance liability with your masseuse and the Historical Association? I've never heard of that.
Are you saying that you are sharing insurance liability with your masseuse and the Historical Association?
Absolutely not. My inn has been added to her insurance as a rider covering me if she has a problem with her services at my site - HER insurance company covers any liability I would have from that.
MY rider for the Historical Association covers them if one of my guests falls or gets hurt while touring the log house. Their insurance company should not come into it should that happen - at least that is my understanding of it.
My insurance told me to get the rider from her and the Assoc ins told them to get the rider from me.

Joe Bloggs said:
C
WHat? I would never have done that? Doesn't sound like a good thing to me.
I want NO responsibility for massage in my B & B. IT is entirely up to her to have the insurance.
Exactly - that is the purpose of the rider. HER insurance takes all the responsibility for her at my inn because I am named in the rider. MY insurance absolves the Hist Assoc because of MY rider.

Joe Bloggs said:
C
gillumhouse said:
Are you saying that you are sharing insurance liability with your masseuse and the Historical Association?
Absolutely not. My inn has been added to her insurance as a rider covering me if she has a problem with her services at my site - HER insurance company covers any liability I would have from that.
MY rider for the Historical Association covers them if one of my guests falls or gets hurt while touring the log house. Their insurance company should not come into it should that happen - at least that is my understanding of it.
My insurance told me to get the rider from her and the Assoc ins told them to get the rider from me.
gillumhouse said:
My insurance only requested that I provide them with a copy of her insurance presumably so that they can go after her insurance in case of incidence on my property.

Joe Bloggs said:
C
gillumhouse said:
gillumhouse said:
My insurance only requested that I provide them with a copy of her insurance presumably so that they can go after her insurance in case of incidence on my property.
Proud Texan said:
gillumhouse said:
This is nice that your ins. does not require the rider, but it could (knock on wood it never does) still present a problem if something does come up. A rider is more full proof (safer for you). While I have statements and even a document for the guest to sign stating that the therapist is not an employee of my B&B and that they are entering into an agreemement for services soley between them and the therapist, we still could be added to any suit (and most likely be given my state legal laws). A rider is your best bet and as gillum stated, not expensive!

Back