Our First Weekend as Innkeepers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisandShelley

Reaction score
We survived our first weekend. I don't think we could have asked for better guests. I kinda messed up on a credit card transaction, but the guest was very understanding. Some musicians showed up on Thursday night had gave a great performance.
Here are the details at my blog post.
http://thewildflowerbandb.com/wildflower-bed-and-breakfast-our-first-weekend/
All constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.
C

Wishing you the best. You are now broken in!
thumbs_up.gif

You can take the 'future' out of your signature line now. And consider if you want your inn information to be found on here by anyone looking for your inn. You might someday want to roast a guest. ;-)

Congratulations! It sounds like it went great.
My husband, Jeff, and I are new innkeepers as well. We have had our inn since September, but just started serving breakfast in April. We've met some really cool people - breakfast is a great icebreaker.
Good luck to you!
Anne

Wonderful first weekend. And to get that MUSIC!! It made me wish I could be there.
Leave the link up for a few days and then remove it and unless you plan to be known (I do not have brain power to be anon) remove your inn name from your signature. This is an open forum and it will be found in a search on your name.

Congratulations! Talk about baptism by fire. So glad everything went well!

Congrats. Remembering our first week and the craziness. You'll think back on it fondly too.

So exciting. Boy you are going to have to try hard to top that one! Sounds like you are off to a great start. Best wishes!

Congratulations Chris & Shelly! Great job and if those musicians are willing, you could really make a business around their live music! This first weekend will soon be a distant memory and you'll be seasoned in no time.

Wow. Looks grreat! Maybe this is your niche? I have visions of folks from LR and Memphis coming your way for a weekend of pickin' on the porch.

Love that porch. So jealous. Congratulations on a memorable weekend.

what a great weekend, great porch, wonderful guests - good start. Keep up the good work and enjoy

Wonderful first weekend. And to get that MUSIC!! It made me wish I could be there.
Leave the link up for a few days and then remove it and unless you plan to be known (I do not have brain power to be anon) remove your inn name from your signature. This is an open forum and it will be found in a search on your name..
I am the same as you, but thanks for the advice. I'll behave myself. Maybe....
C

Wishing you the best. You are now broken in!
thumbs_up.gif
Just manage yourself with care, so you do not get broken down!
shades_smile.gif

That is a great point. Shelley and I have already exchange a few snappy comments...well, mostly by me. After our first weekend, we had the floors done. The guy finished with them Friday morning, so it was full tilt go go go to get ready for the incoming guests. We're not all together, but mostly together.

Latest posts

Back