Packing and moving lessons

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what you mean about giving things away...we just gave 20 pillows and twice as many sets of sheets to the homeless shelter. The guys unloading the car said, 'Wow! These pillows are almost new!' (They were not.) They were taking them from the car directly to the rooms to put on the beds. Ditto with the sheets, 'Thank you, thank you, anything else you have like this we appreciate it so much.'
I have also run across the 'I got SO much stuff,' eye rolling, ingratitude attitude that I once said, 'Oh, I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you,' and I took the things back. Now THAT gets a satisfying reaction from the giftee.
Plate-breaking...such a satisfying sound, what a release of tension and frustration and anger and hate. Good for you.
I have stacks of things I am giving away this year...hundreds of books to the library book sale, teddy bears from my years' old collection, stuff. I want to take the weight of 'things' off my shoulders..
Teddy bears are great for the Toys for Tots.
Another thought though, have you considered using them for on the bed with a card saying Happy Anniversary when you know you have an anniversary couple coming in?
gillumhouse said:
Teddy bears are great for the Toys for Tots.
Another thought though, have you considered using them for on the bed with a card saying Happy Anniversary when you know you have an anniversary couple coming in?
I have a couple of ideas, but that is an excellent one...the anniversary/birthday bear idea. The other one was to give them to the police dept for emergency calls. I know they had them in the trunk of the cruisers in VT to give to kids in crisis.
Bree said:
I have a couple of ideas, but that is an excellent one...the anniversary/birthday bear idea. The other one was to give them to the police dept for emergency calls. I know they had them in the trunk of the cruisers in VT to give to kids in crisis.
Around here, they carry them in ambulances for kids whose parents have to be taken to the hospital. When I collapsed in a county building, they called the squad. My kids were a wreck (they were 1 1/2 and 2 1/2). The tech handed each of them a teddy bear to cuddle while they rode in the ambulance. They got to keep them.

Back