Penny's quick drying towels

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandynn

Reaction score
I was at Penneys and saw quick dry towels. Has anyone used them? They looked ok and I am all for quick drying.

I haven't used the Penney's version in particular but have used quick-drying towels. They work amazingly well.

Walmart has antibacterial towels. They might just be quick drying...

Walmart has antibacterial towels. They might just be quick drying....
Why would we want anti-bacterial towels? We're now being told not to use anti-bacterial anything because it kills good bacteria. Wouldn't it wash out eventually anyway? If not that is scary in itself!!!
Regarding quick-dry ... what are they made of? Seems if it's not cotton it wouldn't feel nice or might not be very absorbent??

Walmart has antibacterial towels. They might just be quick drying....
Why would we want anti-bacterial towels? We're now being told not to use anti-bacterial anything because it kills good bacteria. Wouldn't it wash out eventually anyway? If not that is scary in itself!!!
Regarding quick-dry ... what are they made of? Seems if it's not cotton it wouldn't feel nice or might not be very absorbent??
There are several versions of quick-dry towels, some cotton, some not.
The fastest drying are a micro-fleece that's polyester. Have to admit they do feel soft and fluffy. They're generally available in travel-wear catalogues.
The cotton towels use a different method of twisting the fibers that keeps them especially light. That's, of course, what gives them the fast-drying property.
But many of those cotton towels have a polyester base with cotton fibers. So if all cotton is important to you and your guests, be sure to check that it's not just the fibers but the entire towel that is cotton.

Back