Phone Call... Your CC has been compromised!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't use bb.com...
But at least with what they told me, it's not the merchant, it's the merchant's processor.
Kk..
we had a similar problem a while back with TKMax which is a national clothing chain their computer was hacked and they stole millions of card numbers - they got into serious trouble as you arn't supposed to store them in their complete details by law anyway!
TKMax in the UK is TJMaxx in the US and Winners in Canada. Yup, lots of trouble. It's one of the reasons for the change over to EMV (Chips), the company doesn't get the number to store, you don't even hand your card to the clerk.

I don't use bb.com...
But at least with what they told me, it's not the merchant, it's the merchant's processor.
Kk..
we had a similar problem a while back with TKMax which is a national clothing chain their computer was hacked and they stole millions of card numbers - they got into serious trouble as you arn't supposed to store them in their complete details by law anyway!
Yeah, they hacked the whole system. It's why I only pay cash at any of that chain's stores: TJMaxx, Home Goods, Marshalls. All the same computer system. You can't even write a check, they stole the bank routing numbers off the checks as well.

mind you one to watch which we didn't have but an accountant at a hotel I worked at did told me about - A chap comes to the door - Can I book a double room? Im visiting my mother and she is going to pay for it? yes we have a double - Right ill just get her on the phone so she can give you all the card details - lovely - She does - However it is actually the girlfriend in the car down the street on her mobile with a stolen card..
That's the big problem with 3rd party cards. You don't know who it is you're talking to. I asked one guy for his 'mother's' phone number at work so I could call and ask for the person and not just get someone picking up the phone wherever. She laughed when I called.

Back