PMS and online booking engine query

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dev

Reaction score
In my quest to learn more on what the B&B's use for their guest management and bookings I landed in this forum through google. Hope I had seen this more earlier. I just got a a job to manage a B&B (15 rooms), though the rooms are ready to be rented, the backend systems are yet to be implemented. I would really appreciate some help in finding what system would work good for frontdesk guest management and booking engine on my website at a reasonable price. Also, do I need Channel management right away or should I consider it in the future. As there are so many vendors out there, its very hard to make a decision with a tight budget. Thanks in advance and feeling glad to be a part of this forum.
Dev

Why do you sound like a "Dev" (developer) Dev and not an innkeeper?
Maybe it is the title "PMS and online booking engine query" that you put under aspiring innkeepers. Sorry to be the first one to be skeptical of your post. The others who have come here by the dozens before you searched the forum and found a plethora of advice and recommendations for ONLINE RESERVATION systems as we call them here in the U.S. and guest management.
If you are here seeking feedback as a Dev, please be transparent.
P.S. of course I could be wrong, I had to right mouse and google channel management, I didn't know what it was.

probably the best bet is to review what the competition in your area is using and ask them how they like those systems. that way you are using a system your guests are likely to already be familiar with.

PMS? i am baffled. could be i'm totally out of step with the innkeeping biz, could be that i'm tired after working 8 days straight but .. PMS?
embaressed_smile.gif

PMS? i am baffled. could be i'm totally out of step with the innkeeping biz, could be that i'm tired after working 8 days straight but .. PMS?
embaressed_smile.gif
productivity or product or people or property management system as compared with gms or cms guest or customer management system.

Dev, I agree with other posters with that you have been busted. A little hint here: this is not the first question a just-hired innkeeper/manager would ask on this forum.

Got any killer recipes for muffins?
Tom

i was thinking maybe 'dev' is a developer or realtor ... ah, property management system. well ...

i was thinking maybe 'dev' is a developer or realtor ... ah, property management system. well ....
it wasn't my first thought because I have friends with that name. but I agree the initial question isn't one I would ask for my first day on the job.

Back