Post a photo from your area

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pemaquid Pt Lighthouse (the one on the back of the state quarter)
pemaquidpt.JPG

We've been slammed with UVA graduation but I have gone out to take photos of our baby grapes here
033.JPG

Chris is tying the vines to start training them as they grow. He has to retie every other day or so -they grow that fast!
019.JPG

Above you can see the baby grapes. We just visited a new winery and the winemaker had us taste his Chabourcin (that's what we are growing) We were excited that it was so good!
RIki

NW BB how far are you from Canon Beach? We spent a week there about 7 years back and loved it. We drove south to the Tillamook Factory for cheese and ice cream. We love the oregon coastline.

NW BB how far are you from Canon Beach? We spent a week there about 7 years back and loved it. We drove south to the Tillamook Factory for cheese and ice cream. We love the oregon coastline..
Hey, me too. I went to the quilt shops and bookstores as well. Got lots of cookbooks about NW cuisine as well as the Lewis and Clark cookbook. We were there about the same time. Wait, we went just before the L&C bicentennial celebration started. When was that? 2002?

NW BB how far are you from Canon Beach? We spent a week there about 7 years back and loved it. We drove south to the Tillamook Factory for cheese and ice cream. We love the oregon coastline..
We're just south west of Tillamook along the 3 capes scenic route. It takes about an hour and a half from our place to get to Cannon Beach. Just down the road from us is another Haystack Rock, like the one you saw in Cannon Beach
RD4.JPG

We did see Haystack. Fantastic! We'll have to make a visit back down again, it is a perfect weekend trip. If you continue up the coastline US 101 you will come into Washington State and come on up toward Kalaloch and then Ruby Beach. It's a great rugged outcropping of trees meet surf.
620.jpg

We did see Haystack. Fantastic! We'll have to make a visit back down again, it is a perfect weekend trip. If you continue up the coastline US 101 you will come into Washington State and come on up toward Kalaloch and then Ruby Beach. It's a great rugged outcropping of trees meet surf.
620.jpg
We went into Olympia and had dinner at a place called the Sanctuary. In an old, converted church. Really neat.

620.jpg
That's beautiful. We've only made it as far north on the coast to the Long Beach Peninsula. We're hoping to explore more in October, but man, it's tough to get away from here!

moon-over-pasture.jpg

The view out my back kitchen window
thumb_Lauries%20photos%20131.JPG
Columbines are blooming, I have pink, dark purple with pink and yellow this year....
Being a former resident of Colorado, I planted some Columbines in my perennial bed and they lasted through one season. I'm not sure what the problem was but they were really pretty yellow ones. They are such a delicate looking flower.
I would love that view out my kitchen window.... :)

We've been slammed with UVA graduation but I have gone out to take photos of our baby grapes here
033.JPG

Chris is tying the vines to start training them as they grow. He has to retie every other day or so -they grow that fast!
019.JPG

Above you can see the baby grapes. We just visited a new winery and the winemaker had us taste his Chabourcin (that's what we are growing) We were excited that it was so good!
RIki.
Baby grapes = wine someday. Good, very good....
tounge_smile.gif

Country%27s%20Fountain%2020090518.jpg

I took this tonight with my new touch phone with a camera. Not too bad with the moving water and inexperienced user, eh?
[edited by swirt to remove several references to photos on your C drive (not a place we have access to ;) )]

I'm loving these photos. The west-coast ones are making me yearn for another trip out to BC.
Here's a lake near me:
lake_dusk_web.jpg

Back