Pro-Active Solution and other towel and linen destroying substances

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the book "Running a Bed & Breakfast For Dummies", the author suggests purchasing dark washcloths, stitching the word "Makeup" on them, and putting them on top of the stack of bath & hand towels laid out for each guest, where they can't be missed.
Does this make sense? Would makeup be less noticeable after washing a dark cloth, compared to a lighter cloth?
I also don't know what a hydrogen peroxide product like Pro-Active Solution would do to a darker washcloth. Any guesses? Or first-hand experience?.
I used all white towels as well but bought inexpensive light colored wash cloths for makeup removal. Didn't feel bad when they bit the dust at all. I've stayed at several places that have the black wash cloths embroidered with "Makeup". Very nice, but the stuff for acne will bleach them out. You can get them through dnj specialty.
Samster said:
I've stayed at several places that have the black wash cloths embroidered with "Makeup". Very nice, but the stuff for acne will bleach them out.
How about the bleach-safe towels mentioned here: www.innspiring.com/resources/amenities

In the book "Running a Bed & Breakfast For Dummies", the author suggests purchasing dark washcloths, stitching the word "Makeup" on them, and putting them on top of the stack of bath & hand towels laid out for each guest, where they can't be missed.
Does this make sense? Would makeup be less noticeable after washing a dark cloth, compared to a lighter cloth?
I also don't know what a hydrogen peroxide product like Pro-Active Solution would do to a darker washcloth. Any guesses? Or first-hand experience?.
Arkansawyer said:
I also don't know what a hydrogen peroxide product like Pro-Active Solution would do to a darker washcloth. Any guesses? Or first-hand experience?
We started using the black makeup clothes from the Turkish Towel Company and so far, they've been a big hit. No bleaching out of the black yet. The prices you see on their site are retail, but you can purchase them wholesale by calling them. When I questioned them about products maybe bleaching out the black, I was told that innkeepers found that even if they get streaks or marks, because it's plainly a makeup cloth, guests don't mind using it even if it's stained since it's clear why the stains are there.
We give them a thumbs up!

Back