Read a Letter through tears today!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
This is where we share joys and sorrows with our "family" and I had to share this.
Most of you know I married a widower with 5 children and brought 1 with. They were 13 down to 17 months when we married. Middle son is now almost 42 and I got a letter from him today telling me how mush he appreciated me coming into their lives and how much I meant to his growth as a person, regofnixing what I gave up to give them what they needed and he was not meaning just financially. I cannot express how much that 2-pages blew me away this morning. No matter what the future brings for me, the things those kids have said and done in the last 5 years have made all that happened between 1975 and 2000 something I would do again in a heartbeat if it brought these results. I guess I did do something right.

That's wonderful. It is so nice that those words were given and received.

Looks like you did something very right, indeed. Congratulations on getting the recognition you deserve. Doesn't happen every day...

It's always good when they recognize what's been done for them.

That is so awesome! Now stick it somewhere that you can find it and read it when you're having a crappy day!
=)
Kk.

Of course you did something right! I have never met you, but just from your posts I can tell you are sweet, caring, giving person and I would have expected nothing less. And the fact that you raised a child to be able to express his gratitude speaks volumes also! The world needs more people like you and him!

THAT IS SO WONDERFUL AND SWEET!
valentineart2.gif

Thank you, All, for you nice words. I have been fortunate in the kids I took on. They flexed their wings sooner than we were ready for and needed to be clipped slightly which made life interesting, but that is to be expected when you bring them up to stand on their own feet.
What is soooooo great about this is that each has told me - while I am alive to hear it, NOT standing at a casket when it no longer matters.

Kathleen, I am so glad for you. It takes so little to tell someone how much you appreciate them, but so few people take the time or make the effort.

Of course you did something right! I have never met you, but just from your posts I can tell you are sweet, caring, giving person and I would have expected nothing less. And the fact that you raised a child to be able to express his gratitude speaks volumes also! The world needs more people like you and him!.
suellen222 said:
Of course you did something right! I have never met you, but just from your posts I can tell you are sweet, caring, giving person and I would have expected nothing less. And the fact that you raised a child to be able to express his gratitude speaks volumes also! The world needs more people like you and him!
I was going to say something like Suellen. Now I can only say DITTO.

Thank you, All, for you nice words. I have been fortunate in the kids I took on. They flexed their wings sooner than we were ready for and needed to be clipped slightly which made life interesting, but that is to be expected when you bring them up to stand on their own feet.
What is soooooo great about this is that each has told me - while I am alive to hear it, NOT standing at a casket when it no longer matters..
gillumhouse said:
What is soooooo great about this is that each has told me - while I am alive to hear it, NOT standing at a casket when it no longer matters.
Just more proof positive of the excellent job you did as a mom.

Kathleen,
Thank you for raising children to become caring adults. It benefits all of us. Just the fact that he thought about thanking you, then sat down to put it into words speaks volumes about his relationship to you. You were just what these kids needed. Job well done! Congrats.

Back