READ Your Reservation Notes, Stupid!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
Put my foot in mouth disease big-time today. With the way reservations & breakfasts (early) have been and everything going on in my area & with my son the last couple weeks - I am totally sleep deprived. Today we had the Un ited W ay Boc ce Tourn ament fundraiser. We had sponsors paying for everything, just needed bodies for teams to play. E-mailed my Friday guests to ask if the wife would like to play since I knew HE was doing a bicycle ride. she did a no-show with the boc ce - by the time she dorpped him off for his ride, there was no way to get back ing time. She said something to DH about him coming back to shower before they returned home. I said HUH? She did come to the Park so i could swipe the card since they neglected to pay before they left and she mentioned it to me. I told her I did not remember the arrangement, nut it would be OK. She said something about using the shared shower - that started a bell to ding. To;d her to just use the shower in their room - the door would be unlocked. They did not come back to shower.
Finally got home (we unexpectedly won 2 games before we were able to ;ose 2 games and go home) and checked reservation to credit payment & do check-out. There it was in reservation norrs - May need to use shared bath for shower. (We had an in-coming that ended up canceling just before the cancel period kicked in). I e-mailed an abject apology.

gillum, you are HUMAN. mistakes and blankouts happen. i am working three jobs and have given my notice at one of them. It is just too much to juggle - i can feel my eyes starting to squint when i get tired and i swear my brain feels tired at the end of the day.
even though you are part of a couple, you are essentially running the show solo - on top of everything else you do.
give yourself a break and a hug ... ( ) and here's one from me!

gillum, you are HUMAN. mistakes and blankouts happen. i am working three jobs and have given my notice at one of them. It is just too much to juggle - i can feel my eyes starting to squint when i get tired and i swear my brain feels tired at the end of the day.
even though you are part of a couple, you are essentially running the show solo - on top of everything else you do.
give yourself a break and a hug ... ( ) and here's one from me!.
seashanty said:
give yourself a break and a hug ... ( ) and here's one from me!
[h2]
WELL SAID!
regular_smile.gif
[/h2]

Himself is back on his feet - as of now. About 2 weeks in the wheelchair to sensibly give his bad foot a chance to heal. The first couple days were the worst - and HE felt worst to be in the chair when our son said his goodbyes. No guests tonight or tomorrow - even if the phone rings! When I come home from Chapel tonight I plan to sleep until I wake up! NO alarm! From Monday on we have guests - I am not used to that!

Update: I e-mailed an abject apology and deleted the Thank You For your Stay w/review requests just in case. Today I got an e-mail with a reply of not problem and photos he had said he was going to send. And ended with this sentence:
I am going to try and put a trip together on those trails you told me about. Of course, we’ll stay at the Gullim House too.
TTYL

Respectful, nice people are very forgiving. The tough thing is to figure out how to surround myself with them.
I'm glad it all worked out for you. What you did was just a little slip in memory. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Back