Recipes for Two?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have an easy hollandaise sauce recipe?.
Look at the ingredients list before using the packaged mixes--you might as well swig from a paint can. Scratch is just as easy.
I usually do mine like Riki described, whisking by hand in a bowl over simmering water, although I melt the butter first. I often replace part of the butter with plain yogurt and cut back a bit on the lemon juice. And I always add a tiny dash of cayenne.
Another really easy option is blender hollandaise. Use pastuerized eggs for the yolks if serving to pregnant women or the elderly.
Blender Hollandaise
Process in a blender at high speed: 3 egg yolks, 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice, small dash of white or cayenne pepper, pinch of salt.
Melt 1/2 cup butter and heat it very warm to hot. With the blender running, slowly pour the hot melted butter in to the yolk mixture in a slow steady stream. Process for another 20 seconds or until thickened. Taste and adjust the seasoning (more lemon juice, salt, or pepper to taste). Keep warm by sitting the blender container in warm water until ready to serve.
If replacing some of the butter with plain yogurt: blend the yogurt in with the yolks and cut back on the lemon juice.
Thanks for the blender version! Could save me someday if I don't have enough butter since I always have yogurt!
Riki

wow! i don't make fancy dishes, just bacon and eggs with biscuits and fruit or waffles with sausage, blueberries, strawberries and whipped cream (all optional of course) or pancakes (buttermilk, blueberry or chocolate chip) or french toast and a side meat, side fruit..
Sounds good to me too! We goes with what we knows.....and what will goes....
chef.gif

Look at the ingredients list before using the packaged mixes--you might as well swig from a paint can. Scratch is just as easy.
I usually do mine like Riki described, whisking by hand in a bowl over simmering water, although I melt the butter first. I often replace part of the butter with plain yogurt and cut back a bit on the lemon juice. And I always add a tiny dash of cayenne.
Another really easy option is blender hollandaise. Use pastuerized eggs for the yolks if serving to pregnant women or the elderly.
Blender Hollandaise
Process in a blender at high speed: 3 egg yolks, 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice, small dash of white or cayenne pepper, pinch of salt.
Melt 1/2 cup butter and heat it very warm to hot. With the blender running, slowly pour the hot melted butter in to the yolk mixture in a slow steady stream. Process for another 20 seconds or until thickened. Taste and adjust the seasoning (more lemon juice, salt, or pepper to taste). Keep warm by sitting the blender container in warm water until ready to serve.
If replacing some of the butter with plain yogurt: blend the yogurt in with the yolks and cut back on the lemon juice.
Thanks for the blender version! Could save me someday if I don't have enough butter since I always have yogurt!
Riki
egoodell said:
Riki
You can use the yogurt in the hand-whisked method as well as the blender method. Just whisk it in with your yolks. I like a lemony hollandaise sauce too, but start with less lemon juice than you would normally use since yogurt adds another tangy kick. You can always add more lemon at the end.

Yep .... Knorr's Packaged Hollandaise Sauce. It takes just fine and it works well with .
wink_smile.gif
I would never go to all the trouble to make it from scratch for breakfast.
catlady said:
Yep .... Knorr's Packaged Hollandaise Sauce. It takes just fine and it works well with .
wink_smile.gif
I would never go to all the trouble to make it from scratch for breakfast.
Ditto! Eggs Benedict is our house specialty. I've never found a better tasting Hollandise than Knorr's. And yes, this time, brand name means everything - no substitution.

Back