Reconfiguringguest room furniture - opinions needed

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfive

Reaction score
We have a large room with big very big comfortable chairs with a coffee table between them. We will be changing the chairs out due to guests having sex on them. Yea I know it's gross and we have charged a cleaning fee more than once. Problem is that you can't always get the things cleaned fast enough. The room is large enough to accomodate a small couch or love seat and a chair. The new couch or chair will most likely be Victorian and not so condusive for hanky panky. What is your opinion 2 chairs or a couch and a chair.

Smaller chairs, nothing even remotely 'built for 2'. I could tell stories about chairs, but I won't.

Chairs are less convenient for doing the nasty, and if one gets badly stained or broken, you can replace it much easier and cheaper than you can a stained or otherwise damaged sofa.

Leather effect fabric? it wipes clean that way (just an idea) we have victorian type sofas in 2 rooms and I guarantee you would not be having hank panky on them all knobly bits of wood LOL.

I have a broken valuable antique couch as a result of hanky panky by some guests.
I replaced it with 2 attractive "antique looking" chairs with wooden arms from TJ Maxx. On sale for about $150/each. I wouldn't be upset if something had happened to them. They're not small but they're not overstuffed. Very comfortable to sit and watch TV or have a snack at the new table that I put in there but definitely difficult to use for more athletic endeavors.
I have another room in our second house with a velvet antique-ish couch that I inherited when we bought that house. If we were still in business, it was going to be replaced by a couple of leather chairs (real or faux). I used a lot of upholstery cleaner on that sofa.

Thanks for reaffirming my 1st choice to replace the chairs with smaller chairs. The reason I asked is that I over the past three years we have had a couple of calls to see if any of the rooms have a couch. We don't accept more than double occupancy and market as romantic, intimate, etc... so I'm guessing that the callers must have been wanting a couch for extracurricular activities.

Thanks for reaffirming my 1st choice to replace the chairs with smaller chairs. The reason I asked is that I over the past three years we have had a couple of calls to see if any of the rooms have a couch. We don't accept more than double occupancy and market as romantic, intimate, etc... so I'm guessing that the callers must have been wanting a couch for extracurricular activities..
Hangfive said:
Thanks for reaffirming my 1st choice to replace the chairs with smaller chairs. The reason I asked is that I over the past three years we have had a couple of calls to see if any of the rooms have a couch. We don't accept more than double occupancy and market as romantic, intimate, etc... so I'm guessing that the callers must have been wanting a couch for extracurricular activities.
Personally, I think they wanted the couch to either sneak in another guest (kid) or if one of them was 'banished' out of the bed.
We have most of our rooms with 2 beds and almost ALL married couples use both beds. In some cases, your guests realize you don't have two beds but they want someplace else to sleep besides the floor (if they snore, as an example).
I'd have ALL single bed rooms if I didn't have such a big 'girlfriend' market. It's a pain going to clean a room and finding both beds used. 5 loads of laundry for no good purpose is a waste of my time.

Thanks for reaffirming my 1st choice to replace the chairs with smaller chairs. The reason I asked is that I over the past three years we have had a couple of calls to see if any of the rooms have a couch. We don't accept more than double occupancy and market as romantic, intimate, etc... so I'm guessing that the callers must have been wanting a couch for extracurricular activities..
We had a twin size sofa bed in one room. It was too small to do anything but sit on it....at least in my opinion
tounge_smile.gif

We had a twin size sofa bed in one room. It was too small to do anything but sit on it....at least in my opinion
tounge_smile.gif

catlady said:
tounge_smile.gif
CT are you naive?
wink_smile.gif
Any reasonably flat surface is fair game. And that includes walls.

tounge_smile.gif

catlady said:
tounge_smile.gif
CT are you naive?
wink_smile.gif
Any reasonably flat surface is fair game. And that includes walls.
No...
embaressed_smile.gif
I know exactly what you mean

Back