Reconsidering Keurig....advice?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought the K45 model today at the big B box store and some cups at Christmas T shops. Since we are closed for the winter I might just have to try it out!
shades_smile.gif
Thanks for all the feedback! Happy Thanksgiving to all of you innspiring innkeepers!.
Silverspoon said:
...I might just have to try it out!
shades_smile.gif
Thanks for all the feedback!
Might? It's your innkeeper duty to learn to use the machine and taste the results. So go ahead, dive in. Enjoy!

Bought the K45 model today at the big B box store and some cups at Christmas T shops. Since we are closed for the winter I might just have to try it out!
shades_smile.gif
Thanks for all the feedback! Happy Thanksgiving to all of you innspiring innkeepers!.
I hope it serves you well for many years! Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Innspiring is on my list of things I'm thankful for this year! A special thanks to Swirt!

shades_smile.gif
I hope it serves you well for many years! Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Innspiring is on my list of things I'm thankful for this year! A special thanks to Swirt!
Duff2014 said:
smiley-face-clip-art-thumbs-up-clipart-two-thumbs-up-happy-smiley-emoticon-512x512-eec6.png

Would prefer for K460 models rather than K45. Be cool and go for the use. Best wishes!
For our first keurig we wanted simple and inexpensive. Got a really good deal on the K45 @ $40 off already discounted price of $99. If guests don't like it they can brew a pot of regular coffee in the automatic drip machine or use the French Press.
For us, I would go with something that makes a bigger cup using the larger carafe holder for the grinds. We like a large bold mug of coffee to get us going!

I stayed at a hotel recently that had a special Keurig K130 model designed for the hospitality industry. They cost just $62 at Amer. Hotel Reg. ($58 if you buy 12 or more). No reservoir. You pour 1 cup of water in the top and make 1 cup of coffee. It has a cup sensor so it won't brew unless they put the cup under it, so no accidental messes. And it has step-by-step instructions printed on it.
If I had it to do over, I'd buy these for each room instead of the larger, more expensive models they sell to the general public. In fact, I may buy 5 of these and put mine up for sale!
4491--21300%23_1028564-REBATE_300x300.jpg

I stayed at a hotel recently that had a special Keurig K130 model designed for the hospitality industry. They cost just $62 at Amer. Hotel Reg. ($58 if you buy 12 or more). No reservoir. You pour 1 cup of water in the top and make 1 cup of coffee. It has a cup sensor so it won't brew unless they put the cup under it, so no accidental messes. And it has step-by-step instructions printed on it.
If I had it to do over, I'd buy these for each room instead of the larger, more expensive models they sell to the general public. In fact, I may buy 5 of these and put mine up for sale!
4491--21300%23_1028564-REBATE_300x300.jpg
They had these at the Mar****** that I get booked into with the City Conferences and at the resort where the Tourism Conference was held.

We have a common area for coffee, snacks, drinks and such. We use to have air pots for coffee then switched to a Keurig machine. Then I was constantly filling it with water because it would run out. Some people didn't know how to use it and they would call me or come find me. So I did some more research and found the perfect solution. It's a little more expensive but has been a dream. No more problems. It's the Keurig B150. It's for commercial use and I absolutely love it. You can also buy an attachment for direct water line. No more filling it up. This is worth the extra money. It also has a little digital screen on the front to walk you through on how to use it. Perfect for people who don't know how to use it. I have been through 4 different kuerig machines and this has been by far the best. It's also designed to make a lot of coffee so it has held up very well!

We have a common area for coffee, snacks, drinks and such. We use to have air pots for coffee then switched to a Keurig machine. Then I was constantly filling it with water because it would run out. Some people didn't know how to use it and they would call me or come find me. So I did some more research and found the perfect solution. It's a little more expensive but has been a dream. No more problems. It's the Keurig B150. It's for commercial use and I absolutely love it. You can also buy an attachment for direct water line. No more filling it up. This is worth the extra money. It also has a little digital screen on the front to walk you through on how to use it. Perfect for people who don't know how to use it. I have been through 4 different kuerig machines and this has been by far the best. It's also designed to make a lot of coffee so it has held up very well!.
Hillbilly said:
You can also buy an attachment for direct water line. No more filling it up. This is worth the extra money.
I had been wondering about that. My toilet refills itself. My ice maker does. Good to know they finally have a coffee machine that does it too.

We have a common area for coffee, snacks, drinks and such. We use to have air pots for coffee then switched to a Keurig machine. Then I was constantly filling it with water because it would run out. Some people didn't know how to use it and they would call me or come find me. So I did some more research and found the perfect solution. It's a little more expensive but has been a dream. No more problems. It's the Keurig B150. It's for commercial use and I absolutely love it. You can also buy an attachment for direct water line. No more filling it up. This is worth the extra money. It also has a little digital screen on the front to walk you through on how to use it. Perfect for people who don't know how to use it. I have been through 4 different kuerig machines and this has been by far the best. It's also designed to make a lot of coffee so it has held up very well!.
Hillbilly said:
You can also buy an attachment for direct water line. No more filling it up. This is worth the extra money.
I had been wondering about that. My toilet refills itself. My ice maker does. Good to know they finally have a coffee machine that does it too.
Arks said:
Hillbilly said:
Here is the link to it.
http://www.amazon.com/Keurig-K150-Houshold-Commercial-Brewing/dp/B00AEUF4NO
http://www.amazon.com/Keurig-B150-Direct-Water-Plumb/dp/B00HD9651O/ref=pd_bxgy_79_img_2/179-8008867-1717907?ie=UTF8&refRID=1HKPZ7YXZX37KTZHFZJJ

Thanks for all the feedback.
I figured the K45 would be a pain in the butt in the main house for those very reasons....water reservoir needing filling, guests not being able to figure it out and mess with overflow etc. So the Keurig will go in the kitchen of the cottage where there is a handy water source, easy clean up, and the option of making a pot of automatic drip coffee or a cup of coffee using the French press if they so desire.
We will be significantly scaling back our reservations in the house so we can continue to offer guests in the house a carafe of coffee on the tea cart, along with the electric kettle for tea water and hot cocoa. To add value (we are increasing our rates) the Keurig will be an extra add on in the cottage along with the split, ductless AC system we are having installed.

Back