Repeat Customers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lea Ann

Reaction score
We had our first repeat customers this weekend, and it looks like they will might be staying with us at least once a month (visiting daughter).
☺️☺️☺️☺️

I have a few like that. It's great, as long as they don't start feeling like they own the place, doing things regular guests don't.

We had a guest who stayed with us 2 days a week for over 2 years. He definitely became part of our family. He worked from here while he was here so he rarely left, except to go out for dinner. He was fun, interesting, easy going and he loved good food! We would bet on sports and whoever lost had to cook for the other; Yankees/Red Sox, Patriots/Jets thing. Always guaranteed we would get a great meal if he lost! He and my husband became like brothers. The division he worked for in his company got sold so he started traveling elsewhere. We miss him a lot but still keep in touch.

We had a guest who stayed with us 2 days a week for over 2 years. He definitely became part of our family. He worked from here while he was here so he rarely left, except to go out for dinner. He was fun, interesting, easy going and he loved good food! We would bet on sports and whoever lost had to cook for the other; Yankees/Red Sox, Patriots/Jets thing. Always guaranteed we would get a great meal if he lost! He and my husband became like brothers. The division he worked for in his company got sold so he started traveling elsewhere. We miss him a lot but still keep in touch..
That's fantastic!

Our repeats sometimes take a few years to get back. The man I dumped a casserole just out of the oven on even came back - with friends 7 years later. The couple coming in May was here in 2010. Over Thanksgiving we had a couple who has been here in 2011. I vaguely remembered them until he mentioned books - then the sun came out and we BOTH totally remembered them. I love repeats. I am looking forward to a lovely lunch Tuesday with my annual 2-nights in January accountant - he wants me to meet his wife.
signing off for now. Need to rest up. the mall is across the street from the hotel and I just did my annual towel dept shopping. 2 towels (26x52 - a tab smaller than I like) and 8 washcloths for under $50 with tax. May go back before I leave for a couple hand towels - just thought about those.

Our repeats sometimes take a few years to get back. The man I dumped a casserole just out of the oven on even came back - with friends 7 years later. The couple coming in May was here in 2010. Over Thanksgiving we had a couple who has been here in 2011. I vaguely remembered them until he mentioned books - then the sun came out and we BOTH totally remembered them. I love repeats. I am looking forward to a lovely lunch Tuesday with my annual 2-nights in January accountant - he wants me to meet his wife.
signing off for now. Need to rest up. the mall is across the street from the hotel and I just did my annual towel dept shopping. 2 towels (26x52 - a tab smaller than I like) and 8 washcloths for under $50 with tax. May go back before I leave for a couple hand towels - just thought about those..
It's always great when people return. Doesn't happen much here due to our location, but it's great when it does. Have a few people that come back again and again.

signing off for now. Need to rest up. the mall is across the street from the hotel and I just did my annual towel dept shopping. 2 towels (26x52 - a tab smaller than I like) and 8 washcloths for under $50 with tax. May go back before I leave for a couple hand towels - just thought about those..
It's always great when people return. Doesn't happen much here due to our location, but it's great when it does. Have a few people that come back again and again.
Same here. We have two rooms with annual returnees in house right now, but mostly our returnees are on a two or three year cycle, sometimes longer. We're having a great time with them.

Love/hate with repeat guests. We have no idea why some of them even like us. But come back they do. And each time we shake our heads when they say we're so friendly and accommodating and they love it here. These are the folks we ignore because they drive us bat shit crazy when they're here. I hide. DH finds reasons to be out all day.
Of course we do have guests we adore. Not for any particular thing they do other than being our kind of people. It's mostly personality. Because the guests themselves are from all over, couples, singles, friends, kids, all ages, etc.

Love/hate with repeat guests. We have no idea why some of them even like us. But come back they do. And each time we shake our heads when they say we're so friendly and accommodating and they love it here. These are the folks we ignore because they drive us bat shit crazy when they're here. I hide. DH finds reasons to be out all day.
Of course we do have guests we adore. Not for any particular thing they do other than being our kind of people. It's mostly personality. Because the guests themselves are from all over, couples, singles, friends, kids, all ages, etc..
Welcome back Madeleine! You were definitely missed!

Latest posts

Back