Reservation Key

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ice

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with reservation key not getting emails for them? (noticed of a reservation or cc payment info)

I got a server error this morning when I tried to send out Confirmation Letters... had to copy and paste and send from our own email. Haven't used it since.

Yep they had an email problem this morning. Should be ok now.

The only issues I've had recently were duplicate emails being sent multiple times, but that was a few days ago and John addressed the issue.

5 or 6 times this year I have had a guests card charged but no reservation came in. I have told John about this several times and he is just brushing it off. Said he was aware of the problem but it would take a major rewrite to fix it. He said, it's on his list of things to fix. Ummmm this needs to be fixed now not later. I'm not happy about this. Hurts get really mad when they show up with out a room. They say, " well we didn't get a reservation number but our card was charged so we thought we had a reservation." So keep this in mind if you use RK. I do believe the issue might be with AUT.net and RK but it's an issue that needs fixed.

5 or 6 times this year I have had a guests card charged but no reservation came in. I have told John about this several times and he is just brushing it off. Said he was aware of the problem but it would take a major rewrite to fix it. He said, it's on his list of things to fix. Ummmm this needs to be fixed now not later. I'm not happy about this. Hurts get really mad when they show up with out a room. They say, " well we didn't get a reservation number but our card was charged so we thought we had a reservation." So keep this in mind if you use RK. I do believe the issue might be with AUT.net and RK but it's an issue that needs fixed..
I don't use Auth.NET, so I haven't seen the problem. But good to know. I've asked John about putting in PayPal Payflow Pro gateway, but he said no. Auth.NET is very difficult to use here and expensive. Payflow actually has agreements with the largest of processors in this country, including Moneris, Elavon, Global Payments, Paymentech and World Pay. Covers USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

5 or 6 times this year I have had a guests card charged but no reservation came in. I have told John about this several times and he is just brushing it off. Said he was aware of the problem but it would take a major rewrite to fix it. He said, it's on his list of things to fix. Ummmm this needs to be fixed now not later. I'm not happy about this. Hurts get really mad when they show up with out a room. They say, " well we didn't get a reservation number but our card was charged so we thought we had a reservation." So keep this in mind if you use RK. I do believe the issue might be with AUT.net and RK but it's an issue that needs fixed..
I had that happen once this year, but fortunately I did get an e-mail from aut. and was able to contact the guest. I agree, whatever is creating the glitch needs to be worked out!

I had that happen once this year, but fortunately I did get an e-mail from aut. and was able to contact the guest. I agree, whatever is creating the glitch needs to be worked out!
Breakfast Diva said:
I had that happen once this year, but fortunately I did get an e-mail from aut.
That was what I was thinking, that if you get a payment e-mail notice form auth. but no matching reservation confirmation e-mail from ResKey, better investigate.

Breakfast Diva said:
I have to "run" the charges so the problem was Res Key. He was able to get the cc# . I don't confirm the reservation till I know the cc is good!

Breakfast Diva said:
That was what I was thinking, that if you get a payment e-mail notice form auth. but no matching reservation confirmation e-mail from ResKey, better investigate.
Arks said:
Breakfast Diva said:
AMEN!

Back