Reservation not appearing in Reservation Key

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead

Reaction score
Reservation Key users:
Looking to see if any of you had an issue like the following:
A regular guests claims he made a reservation on Thursday June 22, mid morning (central time). He didn't get our confirmation as he usually gets so he called.
I had no reservation. I checked the activity log and there were no searches or reservations for the time frame he gave me.
Guest said everything worked on his end as usual except for not getting the confirmation. I do those manually but the guest does get an auto notice that the confirmation will be forthcoming.
I wrote John, providing him all the details and even reservation # for the previous month's booking so he could get his IP address to search further.
John came back with 'don't worry' 'can't find anything with such little info'
I think this regular guest will be making his future reservations by phone!

Sounds like the guest didn't click where he needed to click to complete the transaction/booking

I have, in a big font, at the top of my reservation page, "If you do not receive a confirmation email within a few hours, that means YOUR RESERVATION DID NOT GO THROUGH. Please contact us and we'll handle it manually." Then I give my contact info.
That's about all you can do. Sometimes it doesn't work. Lots of things happen with computers and the internet to cause rare hiccups in the system. It's very rare, but it's occasionally going to happen with any system.

Back