Reservation Software?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Muirford, Thanks! So, far I have looked at the following:
Rezstream - I think it might be similar to Rezovations ( I think some of the orginal team broke-up and created seperate companies...)
SuperInn.com- looks good,but haven't had a demo with it
Reservation Nexus- is one complete system...
scott

We use Webervations for online usage, but also duplicate our reservation info into QRes (offline) for guest and reservation management. It's very flexible and as a separate database (it uses MS Acess under the covers) it can be used for all kinds of data analysis using open software such as OpenOffice.

I too am am looking at the online reservations possibilities...Rezo GT O ( online) vs. Nexus vs. SuperInn...just researching..at this point....
coolfood said:
I too am am looking at the online reservations possibilities...Rezo GT O ( online) vs. Nexus vs. SuperInn...just researching..at this point...
In terms of innkeeper workload, it is really hard to beat RezovationGT when paired with the online booking engine and intuit credit card processing. SuperInn is good, but is lots of clicks to get anything done. Somewhere on here I detailed the amount of clicks for each. ... I'll have to go find that.

I too am am looking at the online reservations possibilities...Rezo GT O ( online) vs. Nexus vs. SuperInn...just researching..at this point....
coolfood said:
I too am am looking at the online reservations possibilities...Rezo GT O ( online) vs. Nexus vs. SuperInn...just researching..at this point...
In terms of innkeeper workload, it is really hard to beat RezovationGT when paired with the online booking engine and intuit credit card processing. SuperInn is good, but is lots of clicks to get anything done. Somewhere on here I detailed the amount of clicks for each. ... I'll have to go find that.
That would be very interesting to see how the two process a request...

We use Webervations for online usage, but also duplicate our reservation info into QRes (offline) for guest and reservation management. It's very flexible and as a separate database (it uses MS Acess under the covers) it can be used for all kinds of data analysis using open software such as OpenOffice..
Understand. I used to work at a large hotel 226 rooms and we used Opera software...I am really wanting to use the management of the property software and not have to run a seperate database or a worksheet... I will check out the Qres- It does sound very good to help manage the property !!
scott

We use Superinn. It's what was running when we bought the place. It works very well for us as we have pretty dependable internet service. Lot's of reporting features. We can compare occupancy back 5 years. Just really learning to use all these features. This is the only program we have used so I have nothing to compare it against though....
Thanks! I must say...I had no idea there were so many options with the online software...

coolfood said:
I think the Webervations package (all of the parts- booking software and guest mgmt piece) does more than SuperInn, which I have. I've noticed the ability to book pkgs online, which is helpful for the guest. I can do addons but that's not the same thing. I'd like to be able to book multiple rooms at once, but I don't think either of them does that.
Check-out takes a few clicks, like Swirt said. In order, something like this:
  1. Check-out button
  2. Make Payment
  3. Submit (if all the payment info is correct, if not, fix that)
  4. Check-out button again
It's faster for me now than before because prior to a new release I was having to edit the cc info to remove it, that's now automatic. It would be faster if there were a single 'Make Payment/Check-out' button separate from the multi step one. Having the multi-step is good if you need to make changes in how the guest is paying...check, cash, GC, etc, otherwise it is slower.
I like the layout of the form to fill in when I'm booking guests online. It has a good flow to it.

We use Superinn. It's what was running when we bought the place. It works very well for us as we have pretty dependable internet service. Lot's of reporting features. We can compare occupancy back 5 years. Just really learning to use all these features. This is the only program we have used so I have nothing to compare it against though....
Thanks! I must say...I had no idea there were so many options with the online software...
coolfood said:
These are just the ones we all use...there are probably hundreds more we get mailings about all the time!

I use Guestall for the managment side - very economical and has all the features. I use webervations 1.0 for real time reservations. They work together. They both offer a free trial as well.

coolfood said:
I think the Webervations package (all of the parts- booking software and guest mgmt piece) does more than SuperInn, which I have. I've noticed the ability to book pkgs online, which is helpful for the guest. I can do addons but that's not the same thing. I'd like to be able to book multiple rooms at once, but I don't think either of them does that.
Check-out takes a few clicks, like Swirt said. In order, something like this:
  1. Check-out button
  2. Make Payment
  3. Submit (if all the payment info is correct, if not, fix that)
  4. Check-out button again
It's faster for me now than before because prior to a new release I was having to edit the cc info to remove it, that's now automatic. It would be faster if there were a single 'Make Payment/Check-out' button separate from the multi step one. Having the multi-step is good if you need to make changes in how the guest is paying...check, cash, GC, etc, otherwise it is slower.
I like the layout of the form to fill in when I'm booking guests online. It has a good flow to it.
I'd like to be able to book multiple rooms at once, but I don't think either of them does that.
RezovationGT does that quite well on both the guest side and the innkeeper side.

coolfood said:
Thanks for the information. I am still in "research mode" and I know I will have questions!

Now if I were to start fresh I would have an all in one system like ReZo GT.
Weberv 1.0 does not allow booking more than one room at a time, this has been the ONLY issue I have had with it, of course 2.0 you can and also add larger pix. But there had been glitches when they went to 2.0 so most did not switch over, or given the option to switch over.
BTW Welcome to the forum Coolfood! Jump on in with both feet. This is a great group here.
welcome.gif

coolfood said:
See my post in this thread (actually the whole thread has some good information)
https://www.innspiring.com/node/1937

HI everybody,
This is the first time I've looked at this form in the last 6 weeks a bout since I started it. Let's just say I was a little bit surprised to see the conversation that's been going on since I started it :) Loving all the love
Great to see how everyone helps out eachother here,
Marie.

Back