ResKey New Single Column Mobile Version

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well someone at a conference is now promoting their "mobi" web sites. Telling folks their current sites are ranking poorly and scaring the heck out of them. I have already heard from several innkeeper friends. So what if it doesn't match every criteria and backwards. If you use a wordpress site and no flash it is going to be seen on a smartphone . GRRRRR. Now if you use a responsive theme you are in good shape, even if it doesn't pass the mobi test. But I will defer to what Swirt might have to say here..
EmptyNest said:
Now if you use a responsive theme you are in good shape, even if it doesn't pass the mobi test.
A true statement.
But I'm getting tired, already, of all homepages being so blog-design oriented, and everything is in 1 column above and 3 below. Themes. I wish somebody in themedom would create something original. Everything about WordPress seems to be blog first, website second.
Arkansawyer said:
EmptyNest said:
Now if you use a responsive theme you are in good shape, even if it doesn't pass the mobi test.
A true statement.
But I'm getting tired, already, of all homepages being so blog-design oriented, and everything is in 1 column above and 3 below. Themes. I wish somebody in themedom would create something original. Everything about WordPress seems to be blog first, website second.
This was why I stuck with my 'home grown' site for so long. You buy services from a big design company and you get a canned site that looks like every other site they ever built. We used to look at new sites and say, 'I know what company built that!' Even before 'themes' site builders had canned templates they threw your info into.
But, I drank the Kool Aid. I've got a themed website in the works right now. I kinda like it. And it was what I would have done on the old site if I'd had the programming chops. This lets me 'plug and play'. And then change everything with a couple of keystrokes.
And it looks a little more polished and a little less like I did it myself in my spare time. Not a whole lot less, but some! I still have some hurdles to overcome but EmptyNest is pushing me relentlessly to tighten everything up. A few more weeks and it'll be ready for, if not prime time, then at least an after school special... ;-)
You are doing just fine. I have to give you an A for all your effort because most people I try to "train" just don't get it...and you do
wink_smile.gif

Thanks! Appreciate the help and the encouragement!

Just did it! Very little change but it all does appear in the screen now.
I was confused because Arkie's first comment was it was automatic. - I just scanned everything so thought it would be automatic And I didn't need to do anything at all!! AS GUILTY as our guests who do NOT read!
cry_smile.gif

Back