Road Trip!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodScout

Reaction score
It's the shoulder season for us, as the skiers trickle away from the mountain (which amazingly is still open for another 2 weeks!).
That means after a full 3 years of being innbound, and missing out on our planned 20th anniversary trip through Europe last spring, we're going to celebrate our 21st with a journey in the new travel trailer Mrs. Scout just gutted and remodeled.

We leave in the morning and travel through the midwest to St. Louis, and then along Route 66 all the way to Sedona. Then after a jaunt up to Salt Lake City, we'll meander our way back eventually to Vermont.

We both know it's time for us to take a break. We love our guests, but we've noticed the wicks of our candles are getting a little short.

Enjoy. I will ALWAYS remember Road Trip 2013 when Joey Boggs, Ice, and Innkeep, and I traveled Muncie to Mark Twain Lake, Mo to Boone, Mo. To Hillbilly (great Place) to Memphis at the Peabody, to Arks (all I can say is WOW!), to Copperhead (great place) who took us to NOLA, and then to Blur Ridge, Georgia, Joey's to lever her off, to my place to dump me out, and Ice went back to Muncie for her ride home. In Georgia The ladies got to drive a TANK! A real one! I chose to watch because I had visions of my knee causing a crash landing getting down. It was a fantastic trip!
TankVictory-Gillum_House.JPG

May your trip be as memorable.

Have a wonderful time! If you like wildlife, Antelope Island is wonderful. (SLC)

Good for you! Enjoy every single second of traveling through this beautiful country of ours. ❤️

It's the shoulder season for us, as the skiers trickle away from the mountain (which amazingly is still open for another 2 weeks!).
That means after a full 3 years of being innbound, and missing out on our planned 20th anniversary trip through Europe last spring, we're going to celebrate our 21st with a journey in the new travel trailer Mrs. Scout just gutted and remodeled.

We leave in the morning and travel through the midwest to St. Louis, and then along Route 66 all the way to Sedona. Then after a jaunt up to Salt Lake City, we'll meander our way back eventually to Vermont.

We both know it's time for us to take a break. We love our guests, but we've noticed the wicks of our candles are getting a little short.
Have fun and enjoy your trip, be safe, time passes too quickly before we reach the point where we dream about trips we won't likely get to take.

I know how you feel. We had a trip to Croatia all planned and reserved for last summer, then had to cancel due to COVID. We've all had our 2 shots now, so considered going this summer, but got too worried that a false positive on a COVID test would keep us from re-entering the USA, quarantines, etc., so we decided to vacation inside the USA this year. Still plenty to see here!

I know how you feel. We had a trip to Croatia all planned and reserved for last summer, then had to cancel due to COVID. We've all had our 2 shots now, so considered going this summer, but got too worried that a false positive on a COVID test would keep us from re-entering the USA, quarantines, etc., so we decided to vacation inside the USA this year. Still plenty to see here!
I have been to your State. Have you been to mine? Come on up!!

Yes!
I had been planning this massive trip, but have realized that I can do one (or two) destinations per year. Hopefully many road trips coming. :)

I look forward to you coming - as a motel stop OR your vacation. We are close enough to many places for day trips with this as base camp.

So far, so good. "PEP," (The Phineas Escape Pod) has been operating like a dream, and we've seen everything from the world's largest rocking chair to Sedona to Moab and more. Feel a little guilty not staying at B&Bs as we travel, but each one we pass looks very busy, so glad they're doing well.
Now slowly starting our eastward return, but many more people to see. Hoping to have batteries fully charged when we get back to work.FullSizeRender.jpeg

Last edited:
Hoping to have batteries fully charged when we get back to work.
I know it feels great to get out and away from it all after the year we've all just finished. Looking to my own vacation starting in about a month.

Back