Room Charging Stations

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's fine if you are using iPhones, but nothing else.
Did you see this one. With a built-in QI charger. The list of phones is at http://www.qinside.biz/en/support/qi-enabled-phones but you need a special sleeve for iPhones, since it's not on iPhones..
I got a plug-in at The Source that has two USB port chargers and six outlets. I plug that in just to the side of the TV/DVD so that people will stop unplugging the lamps or clock radio. They don't have to put their device on the floor to recharge or on a chair where they'll knock it off.
I got my 2 USB + 6 electric outlet charging device from Lowes. I point it out when I show guests to their rooms.
I've put these in all my rooms, but still find many people plug their devices in using the standard socket/adapter.
Same here. Since the cables I bought either did not fit or walked, I think I am going to get one of these for each room.
I just saw a 4in1 and thought that was good... wow. If you don't want the car chargers, I found this one for $1.44 delivery included. I might buy 10, just in case a guest needs one and it walks.
What do you plug the other end into? The USB outlet? Looks like a brilliant idea.
Yes, a USB outlet. I ordered 2 today. They don't have the newest Apple connectors, but they certainly have a lot of the others including at least 2 different USB variations. Good to have in stock considering the price. I also buy European to North American plugs on eBay from time to time. Many people forget to bring theirs (works for power supplies, doesn't convert power though.) Look for people with 3 pcs for $1 including shipping. Great to just throw into a drawer in case a guest asks.
Jon Sable said:
I also buy European to North American plugs on eBay from time to time...works for power supplies, doesn't convert power though.
I have a 240V to 120V converter ready for a European who brings their hairdryer and it only blows cold air. So far nobody has needed it, but I'm ready!
Don't bother. If it's 240V it won't do a thing at 120V. Even a razor will sound different because of the difference in Hertz. Want to see them run around quickly, plug in a clock, it will run at 6/5th the speed :)
Jon Sable said:
Don't bother. If it's 240V it won't do a thing at 120V. Even a razor will sound different because of the difference in Hertz. Want to see them run around quickly, plug in a clock, it will run at 6/5th the speed :)
Oops, I meant to say they convert 120V to 240V. Got 'em at Radio Shack when Radio Shack still existed.

Back