Quantcast

Rosemont Manor Set for Auction Block - INN the nude, ahem news 06.02.09

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Rosemont Manor Set for Auction Block
WTRF - Wheeling,WV,USA
WEIRTON -- A bed and breakfast that's no stranger to controversy could soon have a new owner. The Rosemont Manor in Weirton will go up for auction after a ...
http://www.wtrf.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=60189
http://wvgazette.com/News/200906020156
here is some background on this place for the newbies to this forum http://www.wvrecord.com/news/198090-judge-orders-stop-to-adult-activities-at-weirton-mansion
and some more pertaining to this sale http://www.wvrecord.com/news/198090-judge-orders-stop-to-adult-activities-at-weirton-mansion

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Oh my..another one on the auction block..but this one is not a surprise. I can't imagine who else might want it or be able to afford it in Weirton..but you never know. As I grew up that place always amazed me at the top of the hill. I hadn't gone to the web site but I just did and get bombarded by music..YUK!!! Maybe they can turn it into assisted living or a group home as there are several in the neighborhood already.

Penelope

Reaction score
Oh my..another one on the auction block..but this one is not a surprise. I can't imagine who else might want it or be able to afford it in Weirton..but you never know. As I grew up that place always amazed me at the top of the hill. I hadn't gone to the web site but I just did and get bombarded by music..YUK!!! Maybe they can turn it into assisted living or a group home as there are several in the neighborhood already..
catlady said:
be able to afford it in Weirton
Weirton is feeling the effects in a big way, isn't it??

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank goodness! If the new owners want to use it as a B & B the first thing they will have to do is change the name! It was an insult to innkeepers to call this place a B & B. I considered it a blight on Weirton who has enough problems and on the State.
B & Bs across the river in Ohio got splashed with the stigma of this place.

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
Hey, I've been there..............................................................................just kidding!

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Weirton...home of DJ's Ribs...YUMMM!!!!.
Have you been to Weirton??? Hmmm I lived near their for 21 years and guess I missed those! Of course back in those days we never ever ate out anywhere.

Don Draper

Reaction score
Have you been to Weirton??? Hmmm I lived near their for 21 years and guess I missed those! Of course back in those days we never ever ate out anywhere.
We lived in Pittsburgh for 6 years and had friends of ours introduce us to DJ's in Weirton...it was about a 45 minute drive from the city and WORTH EVERY MINUTE! They smoked the ribs on-site. I have no idea if it's still there or not, but I would go back in a heartbeat...one night we were there and Hank Williams, Jr. had done a concert in Pittsburgh and had himself driven over to Weirton 'cause he'd heard the ribs were so good...they are!

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We lived in Pittsburgh for 6 years and had friends of ours introduce us to DJ's in Weirton...it was about a 45 minute drive from the city and WORTH EVERY MINUTE! They smoked the ribs on-site. I have no idea if it's still there or not, but I would go back in a heartbeat...one night we were there and Hank Williams, Jr. had done a concert in Pittsburgh and had himself driven over to Weirton 'cause he'd heard the ribs were so good...they are!
DJ's is still there. I went to grade school in Coliers, just down the road from Weirton. We lived about 10 miles from Weirton.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It didn't sell, I just saw this in the media - http://www.wtov9.com/news/19668227/detail.html.
$195 K...that is a steal...if I had wanted to move back home I would have jumped at that one..but I DON'T want to go back..EVER.

I would have if I had found a place there. Even though there was nothing for girls when I was growing up and even less if they lived 5 miles from everything, I still am thankful I grew up where I did. I am still in touch with my grade school classmates although a few have died - the best of my friends a year ago.

Latest posts