Rough Night

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People just couldn't believe what we go through on a daily basis - not as extreme as your night but things happen almost every day. Yesterday morning I was about 3 rooms into making waffles for 9 rooms. I filled waffle iron 1 and flipped it over, alls good. I then filled waffle iron 2 and flipped it over and the machine broke in two - the waffle lid which is now upside down broke off. My wonderful hubby grabbed my oven mitts and stood there holding the machine closed until the waffle cooked fully. I was having a stroke but he was calm (although hot as the oven gloves are only so good). So the guests had no idea that this happened and that I was then down to one waffle iron to finish my morning. And then I remembered one guest was GF so I had to stop and make her some scrambled eggs and GF toast. Some mornings it's like hell s kitchen but they all still get a great breakfast.

well my rough night consisted of 6 hours laying in the ER!
all tests came back fine, so conclusion...food poisoning from dinner at a local place.
cry_smile.gif
Resting for the next few days.

all tests came back fine, so conclusion...food poisoning from dinner at a local place.
cry_smile.gif
Resting for the next few days..
EmptyNest said:
cry_smile.gif
Resting for the next few days.
Sorry you had to go through that! The worst is over...hope you can regain your strength.

cry_smile.gif
EmptyNest said:
...food poisoning from dinner at a local place.
cry_smile.gif
From that lovely dinner you had with the visiting innmates? Uh-oh...

cry_smile.gif
EmptyNest said:
...food poisoning from dinner at a local place.
cry_smile.gif
From that lovely dinner you had with the visiting innmates? Uh-oh...
Unfortunately that had to be it.. it was a lovely night with both of you though
regular_smile.gif

cry_smile.gif
Ugh! Food poisoning is the worst! I'm so sorry :(

Back