Scrap Booking is out what is in

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw this in an events listing (instead of trying to cater to ladies with scrapbooking etc, perhaps it is the guy we can entice?):
Guy's Night! at Blues BBQ Co.
Roanoke, VA 24011
Instead of a boring old Ladies night... Check out Guy's Night!! Plenty of "in house" specials, and movies/music Guys Love!!
What about asking the guys what they want for breakfast, or make it a hearty man-breakfast, and have add-ons like skeet shooting, hiking, biking etc. I wrote this blog about it a few weeks back.

Isn't the question more of what is IN at the INN?
Something people would book the inn for a weekend retreat, like in the scrapbooking mode?.
That is exactly where I was going with the question. Other ideas are interesting. I am looking for a new special with a group.
Events to draw people into the BnB. Murder mystery, cooking weekends, music events (I would like to know how the music events are going at Willowpond if she has a chance to tell us), photography weekends - I have this one marked down to work on, author book signing weekends. I said geneology as that seems to be a hot item right now - we have people from all over traveling to our area to research their roots, most need plenty of space to spread out and work. Then the outside the BnB packages to draw people to the area, like wine tours/dinners, musical events like festivals, etc.
We have canceled our houseconcert series...too much competition with other local musical events. In the summer when it's ideal to have them, all the locals are gone...Our turn out was very low and it just wasn't worth it from a work perspective, in advertising and set up, and it wasn't a good money maker for the musicians this year....Had a lot of disappointed folks, but if they don't show, why do it?

Our daughter is still very much into scrapbooking but when she runs a scrapbooking weekend it is usually at a hotel. It costs each of the girls less because hotels have two beds to a room and she can also invite more people. We had thought of doing one here once but the girls would have had to share a bed in three of the rooms.

Something people would book the inn for a weekend retreat, like in the scrapbooking mode?.
That is exactly where I was going with the question. Other ideas are interesting. I am looking for a new special with a group.
Events to draw people into the BnB. Murder mystery, cooking weekends, music events (I would like to know how the music events are going at Willowpond if she has a chance to tell us), photography weekends - I have this one marked down to work on, author book signing weekends. I said geneology as that seems to be a hot item right now - we have people from all over traveling to our area to research their roots, most need plenty of space to spread out and work. Then the outside the BnB packages to draw people to the area, like wine tours/dinners, musical events like festivals, etc.
Everyone here is out and about. We have a new boat tour that you can book but you need at least 40 people! Our neighborhood association is doing it in September. I haven't had luck drawing folks here to hang around at the B&B for something. Which was why I was crying over the girlfriends getaway. I even tried a show package last Fall and no one bit on that. :-(
Samster said:
Everyone here is out and about.
I would rather have guests be out and about rather than hanging around the B & B all day but that's JMHO.

Everyone here is out and about. We have a new boat tour that you can book but you need at least 40 people! Our neighborhood association is doing it in September. I haven't had luck drawing folks here to hang around at the B&B for something. Which was why I was crying over the girlfriends getaway. I even tried a show package last Fall and no one bit on that. :-(
Samster said:
I would rather have guests be out and about rather than hanging around the B & B all day but that's JMHO.
I am with you on this one. I want them to get out of the house and enjoy the area and things to do. I didn't want to have to be at their beck and call throughout the day.

Samster said:
I am with you on this one. I want them to get out of the house and enjoy the area and things to do. I didn't want to have to be at their beck and call throughout the day.
catlady said:
Amen to that.

Geneology is in.
Joe Bloggs said:
Geneology is in
That only works if someone is researching your geographical area. Also it's very record and computer intensive.
Proud Texan said:
Joe Bloggs said:
Geneology is in
That only works if someone is researching your geographical area. Also it's very record and computer intensive.
It is "IN" and yes the internet has made it so. :) People are looking at visiting places from their family history. Walking in them, photographing them.
I bet we could (if we're talking BnB promotion) work out something with the local county historical society. We have different events, like the characters in the cemetary where actors portray historical characters etc.
We have had a dozen people here this year so far researching and so excited. Maybe it would fall under Family Reunion/Research weekend?
Joe Bloggs said:
Proud Texan said:
Joe Bloggs said:
Geneology is in
It is "IN" and yes the internet has made it so. :) People are looking at visiting places from their family history. Walking in them, photographing them.
I bet we could (if we're talking BnB promotion) work out something with the local county historical society. We have different events, like the characters in the cemetary where actors portray historical characters etc.
We have had a dozen people here this year so far researching and so excited. Maybe it would fall under Family Reunion/Research weekend?
Again, that will only work IF guests have ancestors that lived in your area. Some of us operate in remote areas with very little interest in genealogy.

Samster said:
thumbs_up.gif
regular_smile.gif

Back