selecting breakfast times

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two rooms at breakfast. One left at 915, one just left at 11am. I can never get in and get started on any room before 11am. I have clean up and all that after breakfast and chat and questions etc etc.
Same here. When most or all of our folks are here for these events, I can get in the rooms fairly early and leave the remainder of the kitchen cleanup for later. I'd rather get the rooms out of the way so that the rooms are finished for when the guests wander back. Recently i had two groups that were the total opposite - one group left for the event and weren't back until after dinner. The other one, back to the rooms by mid-morning and they hung out here and were in & out all day. Sometimes ya never know.....
When my dh is around (aka The Entertainment Committee or Mr. Chatty Chatterson), they are usually at the table a lot longer if they aren't headed out for a specific reason.
teeth_smile.gif

I dread the wedding guest. If someone tells me they are coming for a wedding, I always ask what time the wedding will be. 9 out of 10 are at 4 PM. THOSE guests may run out to pick up something they forgot (hair spray) but they are in and out all day, sitting around in the room, hanging out on the lawn, whatever. They dont leave until the wedding is set to start. And some of them don't leave until 4 PM. Like they are so important the wedding won't start without them.
And they sit around the room while you try to clean. Hello! I'm not your mother, trying to vacuum under your feet. I never know if that is because they are comfortable with us or think we're invisible.
Great wedding story that isn't mine but one inn had the groom's family with them. They rang the bell and wanted the innkeeper to make them all tea and coffee 10 minutes before the wedding was due to start. 'They can't start without US,' sneered the mother of the groom. I pity the poor bride in that case.
Bree said:
I dread the wedding guest. If someone tells me they are coming for a wedding, I always ask what time the wedding will be. 9 out of 10 are at 4 PM. THOSE guests may run out to pick up something they forgot (hair spray) but they are in and out all day, sitting around in the room, hanging out on the lawn, whatever. They dont leave until the wedding is set to start. And some of them don't leave until 4 PM. Like they are so important the wedding won't start without them.
And they sit around the room while you try to clean. Hello! I'm not your mother, trying to vacuum under your feet. I never know if that is because they are comfortable with us or think we're invisible.
Great wedding story that isn't mine but one inn had the groom's family with them. They rang the bell and wanted the innkeeper to make them all tea and coffee 10 minutes before the wedding was due to start. 'They can't start without US,' sneered the mother of the groom. I pity the poor bride in that case.
I think we discussed this before - but you clean a room when a guest is in it? Really? All I will ever do is give them a load of fresh towels and be off. If they are in, they are in, and I am not.
I won't clean, hubs will. If I see them returning, I yell, 'Incoming,' and I skedaddle.

Two rooms at breakfast. One left at 915, one just left at 11am. I can never get in and get started on any room before 11am. I have clean up and all that after breakfast and chat and questions etc etc.
Same here. When most or all of our folks are here for these events, I can get in the rooms fairly early and leave the remainder of the kitchen cleanup for later. I'd rather get the rooms out of the way so that the rooms are finished for when the guests wander back. Recently i had two groups that were the total opposite - one group left for the event and weren't back until after dinner. The other one, back to the rooms by mid-morning and they hung out here and were in & out all day. Sometimes ya never know.....
When my dh is around (aka The Entertainment Committee or Mr. Chatty Chatterson), they are usually at the table a lot longer if they aren't headed out for a specific reason.
teeth_smile.gif

Bree said:
I think we discussed this before - but you clean a room when a guest is in it? Really? All I will ever do is give them a load of fresh towels and be off. If they are in, they are in, and I am not.
[/quote]
[/quote]
We also will not go in the room if the guest is in there. We might ask if they need more drinks for their fridge, but that's it. If they won't leave, we don't straighten up.
RIki

teeth_smile.gif

Bree said:
I refreshed and cleaned rooms only when guests were not present. If they were staying in...I never went in the room.

teeth_smile.gif

Bree said:
I refreshed and cleaned rooms only when guests were not present. If they were staying in...I never went in the room.
catlady said:
I learned from the best!
All those times I attended aspiring classes learnt me good.
RIki

Back