SEO-ing

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a DIY guy when it comes to websites and such....but SEO is kind of like magic to me. Keywords, titles, and meta tags....I know what they all are, but I am finding it difficult to pick a strategy and go for it.
I would like a company to guide me, and help me shape my marketing strategy...pick the right keywords, focus on them with my content...submit to the right directories, etc..
But Catlady is right....it's possible to do it yourself....hell, I did it for Heritage Harbour House Inn (search Charlottetown Inn, and it's #1)
I think I can do it for The Sonata Inn as well....it's just taking a while.
I think though...while I have the budget for it...I should employ 3rd party perspectives..
sonatainn said:
I am a DIY guy when it comes to websites and such....but SEO is kind of like magic to me. Keywords, titles, and meta tags....I know what they all are, but I am finding it difficult to pick a strategy and go for it.
I would like a company to guide me, and help me shape my marketing strategy...pick the right keywords, focus on them with my content...submit to the right directories, etc..
But Catlady is right....it's possible to do it yourself....hell, I did it for Heritage Harbour House Inn (search Charlottetown Inn, and it's #1)
I think though...while I have the budget for it...I should employ 3rd party perspectives.
I think that's an excellent idea. It's always good to get an outside opinion and help. I find that picking the right words and then getting them into the text in a way that doesn't sound forced is a real problem.

I think though...while I have the budget for it...I should employ 3rd party perspectives..
sonatainn said:
I think though...while I have the budget for it...I should employ 3rd party perspectives.
I think that's an excellent idea. It's always good to get an outside opinion and help. I find that picking the right words and then getting them into the text in a way that doesn't sound forced is a real problem.
What about putting them in a song?! ;)

To all:
I am locking this thread since the term SEO is a lightning rod for every spammer out there. (If you haven't seen all the spam, thank the forum regulars who quickly flag it as offensive and make it disappear).
I am not saying don't bring up questions about SEO, feel free to start up a new thread. Its just after they sit around a while and start showing up in searches that spammers use, I may lock it to save us the headache.

Back