Setting the Pillows on the Bed

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
I just returned home from a 2-week vacation in the Pacific Northwest and Yellowstone National Park. We did a 7-night cruise from the Pacific, up the Columbia and Snake Rivers to Lewiston, Idaho. Then we spent a few nights in Jackson, Wyoming and the Yellowstone area.

During this time, we stayed in 6 different places...7 nights on the boat and 5 nights in different motels. Every single one of them did the pillows this same way (attached image). Multiple shorter-than-regular pillows arranged on edge at a 45 degree-or-so angle to the headboard, as in this image I made in Jackson, WY.

Is there some pillows-central news page I've been missing? I must admit I kind of like the little short pillows vs. the big long king bed pillows I use. I feel so far behind the times! That's why travel is valuable.

Attachments

• 190287444_1374911759557719_8276828487875069446_n.jpg
    190287444_1374911759557719_8276828487875069446_n.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 10
The pillows are different - soft, medium, firm, extra-firm. I just use the 2 pillows on the bed and have 2 pillows in a dresser drawer if they do not like (or need more) pillows. (I hate having to find a place to put all the extra pillows as I do not want to just toss them on the floor.)

We just came back from a trip on the East coast and didn’t see anything like this. Maybe it’s a Westlock coast thing. (I.e. the pillows move less when the earth shakes)

Note, in the photo above, the fake "headboard" that's attached to the wall. I remember how this used to drive Joey Bloggs nuts! I sure miss her.

I’ve seen that, too. Can’t say it was all west coast as we haven’t been out that way in a few years. It’s cheaper to buy 1000 small pillows than to try to figure out how many of each size. The pillowcases are all the same size. Totally simplifies the life of a hotel owner/manager and the life of the housekeeping manager as well. Laundry is easier.

I tried it here. It looks goofy. We’ll stick with the three different sizes.

Note, in the photo above, the fake "headboard" that's attached to the wall. I remember how this used to drive Joey Bloggs nuts! I sure miss her.

I miss Joey also. She seems to have fallen off the edge of the Earth. things were a lot more lively when she was here. Feel blessed to have had her as a friend (and she considered me one also). I think she just wanted to go behind the curtain and stay there for a while.

DH travels extensively for work (well, pre-covid anyway) and encounters these in practically all the hotels he stays at in the Eastern US. He loathes these pillows. Says they're not big enough and his head is always falling off.

DH travels extensively for work (well, pre-covid anyway) and encounters these in practically all the hotels he stays at in the Eastern US. He loathes these pillows. Says they're not big enough and his head is always falling off.
Yes! They are too small! (Or, my head’s too big.) if you try to pile them up to sit up reading they don’t work.

Back