Shower caps

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been a BnB 13 1/2 yrs . 2 weeks ago found a clear shower cap tightly fitted on the smoke alarm. Never seen this before .... I didnt ask who put it there, did remind them No Smoking Allowed and this didn't go over well. A new one for me .

Seen it before, but just once. Smoke alarms don't go off when smoking anyway.

Heard of doing this because a faulty sensor was setting of the alarm from shower steam. It's on one of those life hack sites ... that also said when you're cooking and the detector goes off and this would supposedly prevent it.
So ... either they were smoking or worried about shower steam setting it off.
Question : Was it an Inn Provided shower cap or did they bring it?

Surely it's a violation of fire safety for the whole building when someone tampers with/defeats a smoke detector. Even worse if it was done so they could smoke in the room, but agreed, I've never heard of smoking setting one of those off, though I can imagine that smoking in a tiny airplane lavatory might do it.

Heard of doing this because a faulty sensor was setting of the alarm from shower steam. It's on one of those life hack sites ... that also said when you're cooking and the detector goes off and this would supposedly prevent it.
So ... either they were smoking or worried about shower steam setting it off.
Question : Was it an Inn Provided shower cap or did they bring it?.
It can be exciting when shower steam sets off the monitored fire alarm and the fire department shows up
omg_smile.gif

Back