Quantcast

Showerheads may harbor bacteria dangerous to some

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

JBloggs

Reaction score
Showerheads may harbor bacteria dangerous to some
WASHINGTON (AP) - In what may be the scariest shower news since Alfred Hitchcock's "Psycho," a study says showerheads can harbor tiny bacteria that come spraying into your face when you wash. People with normal immune systems have little to fear, but these microbes could be a concern for folks with cystic fibrosis or AIDS, people who are undergoing cancer treatment or those who have had a recent organ transplant.
full article here

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this Country operates on fear these days. I have my radio on ALL DAY and EVERY day the hourly national news ends with another scared-voiced Big Scare! - something else people need to worry about!

EmptyNest

Reaction score
I think this Country operates on fear these days. I have my radio on ALL DAY and EVERY day the hourly national news ends with another scared-voiced Big Scare! - something else people need to worry about!.
The other thing that REALLY BOTHERS ME...are drug commercials!!!!
I HATE THEM and wish they would ban them from TV. They make everyone think they have these illnesses and to run to your doc and get a prescription..which costs a fortune!!! And, listen to the side effects...they are worse than the actual disease/illness.

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
I think this Country operates on fear these days. I have my radio on ALL DAY and EVERY day the hourly national news ends with another scared-voiced Big Scare! - something else people need to worry about!.
I HATE THEM and wish they would ban them from TV. They make everyone think they have these illnesses and to run to your doc and get a prescription..which costs a fortune!!! And, listen to the side effects...they are worse than the actual disease/illness.
catlady said:
Right, plus your results may differ to include suicidal tendencies.

MTLLodge

Reaction score
They did say the plastic shower heads were the worst. Also people could just take a bath. That is what they suggested.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.

YellowSocks

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, let the water hit the back of your head instead of the front.
And turn off the TV!!!!

=)
Kk.

seashanty

Staff member
Reaction score
just change your shower head from time to time. we are having a raging debate in my family about this report.

Latest posts