Shriek!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you're ok, even in this business it is at least disturbing to find strangers in your private quarters.
I've changed the sign on my front door, still they walk in the house. It's right next to the handle.
DSCF3817.JPG

Came out of my bedroom just the other day to be confronted by a couple asking if we had a room. Not only had they completely ignored the sign above, they also walked right past my "No Vacancies" sign and ignored that too..
my no vacancies sign is BIG and right at eye level and still they ring the bell - mind you there are places round me that do not take walk in's so it doesn't necessarily mean they don't have rooms.
This is what my door(bell) will look like. No one comes in because it is locked. They ring the bell, and we answer from our cellphone. There are many reasons we might not be able to answer in time, and this more ensures security. There will be no way for guests to unlock it.
http://www.thegreenhead.com/imgs/ring-video-smart-doorbell-1.jpg

Let Gomez check him in and keep a low profile!
I'd be freaked to find a strange man in my bedroom, too.
You ok?.
Yeah I'm fine. I told Gomez. He said the guy should understand he was where he didn't belong. He also laughed and said the guy probably now thinks this place is a dump given what he saw of our apartment. Which, of course, is where everything goes to die!
Even our bedroom has 2 extra chairs we're waiting for someone to pick up for us. And the broken TV is in the hallway the guy walked into.
Gomez is off to get a 'private' sign for when we can't latch the door because we're running in and out.
That is the exact reason that I had the "Private" brass plaques on the areas which were off limits to guests. Privacy plus the possible embarrassment when things were in mass confusion behind the curtain....
embaressed_smile.gif

Latest posts

Back