Single guests

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(major siidetrack)
yay starbucks! at home we have no electricity, no cable, no phone, no internet, no cell signal. drove out of town to find a starbucks with power on ... packed with cars to get
1. a hot drink
2. a hot SOMETHING to eat
3. an internet connection (had to wait for an outlet as the old laptop i borrowed has not battery) if only i could get a hot shower here!
anyway ... here i am
want to comment on the single traveler. i am alone not by choice. and if i want to go places, i go. if i want to stay at a lovely b&b, i go. b&b's are not just for couples ... and for romance. they are for people like me who don't always want to stay in a hotel with an elevator and hotel room 'ambiance' . (sp) i want the charm and the innkeeper innteraction (a little) and maybe a homemade cookie!
i love it when the innkeeper says to me 'we have choices for seating at breakfast. would you like to sit at a group table or by yourself?' because, sometimes i get blue ~ sorry but it's true ~ and the LAST thing i want to do is get weepy sitting with a bunch of people just trying to enjoy their breakfast. most times i'm fine, but chatty folks will ask if i'm married and if i answer honestly they ask what happened and blahblahblah and i can tear up. depends
i'm a great tipper, even though i'm solo -- honest!.
Glad to hear you are ok starbucks to the rescue!

Back