Sneaking around

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead

Reaction score
Just got a call from someone asking what our rates are. He didn't want me to check a certain night, didn't have a room choice, just room rates....
Then he said 'what was your rate's for August 1' and can you tell me who was a guest that night?
Really!
He then confessed that he thinks his wife stayed here that night with her B'friend.
omg_smile.gif
They are in the middle of a divorce and he needed to supply that info to his attorney.
Sorry buddy but privacy laws forbid me to pass along that info to you or anyone.

This is your first call like that? Maybe it's being in the city, I've had a lot of those calls. I can't (and won't) answer a question like what is my rates, because they change. I send them to my website. As for here or is here... get a warrant.

We've had similar twice - 1 was woman ringing in a panic as had arranged to meet chap for first time but decided to call it off so wanted if her husband rang to confirm she was here on her own which as it turned out she was in the end and was the wake up call she needed to save her marriage - he never rang so didnt' have to decide what to do either way.
previous one was lady didling her expenses asked if 75 was our normal rate for a single - it was a situation were a lot of people were stranded by snow but she wasn't really just took it as an opp to have a jolly for her and her husband - also put in for 2 lots of dinner stuff - where as if she had said can I have 2 receipts mine and an extras receipt for my husband or claimed for 1 dinner it would have been fine but because she megga pushed it she got caught.

This is your first call like that? Maybe it's being in the city, I've had a lot of those calls. I can't (and won't) answer a question like what is my rates, because they change. I send them to my website. As for here or is here... get a warrant..
Generic said:
This is your first call like that? Maybe it's being in the city, I've had a lot of those calls. I can't (and won't) answer a question like what is my rates, because they change. I send them to my website. As for here or is here... get a warrant.
I really could not understand why he asked about rates. If she used her bank or CC card our B&B name would have been on it. And then you have your evidence, you don't need to call me!
I did have a call once before but they asked if the person was here. Of course I did not offer an answer either way but said if they are staying I could give them a message. Female yelling in the phone 'tell her to leave my ...explicit... husband alone' (they were not staying here)
Then there was one that was worse: Asked for a guy who also may go my .... or by .... and is with a young girl, gave description. I said I was not at liberty to give out that info.. Got an ear full: if they ARE there, hang up and call the police tell them (gave names) are here. He has abducted my little sister... With that explanation I told her they were not staying here. Wished them luck.

This is your first call like that? Maybe it's being in the city, I've had a lot of those calls. I can't (and won't) answer a question like what is my rates, because they change. I send them to my website. As for here or is here... get a warrant..
Generic said:
I really could not understand why he asked about rates. If she used her bank or CC card our B&B name would have been on it. And then you have your evidence, you don't need to call me!
I did have a call once before but they asked if the person was here. Of course I did not offer an answer either way but said if they are staying I could give them a message. Female yelling in the phone 'tell her to leave my ...explicit... husband alone' (they were not staying here)
Then there was one that was worse: Asked for a guy who also may go my .... or by .... and is with a young girl, gave description. I said I was not at liberty to give out that info.. Got an ear full: if they ARE there, hang up and call the police tell them (gave names) are here. He has abducted my little sister... With that explanation I told her they were not staying here. Wished them luck.
bank or credit card - yes she has stayed but needs to have proof someone is with her - could be on her own on a business trip - non of which is any of our problem!

Generic said:
We once had someone who was being stalked staying with us..... it's never a great situation to be in... so many phone calls from the stalker asking us things. We eventually had to get his phone number blocked.

Oh my goodness, thank heavens never had any experiences like these.
The only thing like that that ever happened to us was a guy phoned and booked to stay with us a 2nd time, at the end of the call he said "I'd really appreciate it if you didn't recognise me when we are there, because I'm bringing a different girlfriend"

The only thing like that that ever happened to us was a guy phoned and booked to stay with us a 2nd time, at the end of the call he said "I'd really appreciate it if you didn't recognise me when we are there, because I'm bringing a different girlfriend".
Highlands John said:
...at the end of the call he said "I'd really appreciate it if you didn't recognise me when we are there, because I'm bringing a different girlfriend"
That's quite a compliment, that he liked it there and wanted to repeat the experience. Wonder if girlfriend #2 noticed how well he had researched and seemed to know where everything was in your area!

The only thing like that that ever happened to us was a guy phoned and booked to stay with us a 2nd time, at the end of the call he said "I'd really appreciate it if you didn't recognise me when we are there, because I'm bringing a different girlfriend".
Highlands John said:
The only thing like that that ever happened to us was a guy phoned and booked to stay with us a 2nd time, at the end of the call he said "I'd really appreciate it if you didn't recognise me when we are there, because I'm bringing a different girlfriend"
We've met multiple girlfriends of one of our guests. We've never met his now wife. I wish he would have warned us because how the heck am i supposed to remember who he came with last time?

Highlands John said:
We've met multiple girlfriends of one of our guests. We've never met his now wife. I wish he would have warned us because how the heck am i supposed to remember who he came with last time?
Morticia said:
Highlands John said:
Just ask him....... "if this is your wife, who was the girl we saw you with last time?......"

Highlands John said:
Morticia said:
Highlands John said:
Just ask him....... "if this is your wife, who was the girl we saw you with last time?......"
That sounds rather like what a friend of mine used to say each time Maxine and I would see him at an event.

Back