Snowmen Fall from Heaven Unassembled

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will anyone who still has snow please send some my way!?!
We haven't had a decent snowfall for a couple weeks now and I need it if I'm going to have a good March. I have guests coming this weekend who have also booked a horse-drawn sleigh ride and a dog sledding excursion, but if the forecast for RAIN and unseasonably WARM temps is accurate, they might be a wash. If this keeps up, I'll have to start my low season rates earlier than usual. Grumble. Vent. Okay I feel better..
happyjacks said:
We haven't had a decent snowfall for a couple weeks now and I need it if I'm going to have a good March. I have guests coming this weekend who have also booked a horse-drawn sleigh ride and a dog sledding excursion, but if the forecast for RAIN and unseasonably WARM temps is accurate, they might be a wash. If this keeps up, I'll have to start my low season rates earlier than usual. Grumble. Vent. Okay I feel better.
Bring a truck...you can have it all...
PLEASE come and get mine too. I may even pay you to take it away !!!!!
teeth_smile.gif

Yay! It just started snowing here! I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't warm up enough to turn to rain this afternoon. Spring is a sloooow season for us, so I need winter to last as long as it can. Last year it took us right to the end of March. This year....? We'll see what Ma Nature throws our way.
We have clear blue skies at the moment, but it may be up to 50 by Saturday.
We went to Half-Price Books today and it was 62 degrees there (near Pittsburgh). I found the Russell Stover Store near Cabella's in Wheeling today also. I got a box of the strawberry creme hearts for $4.50 (25 cents each) that I will put on the bed with the silk rose petals and Hersey's kisses. Their boxes of Bloopers (rejects because of shape or did not get cocolated right) were 3 lbs for $1.99. I will be getting a chocolate buzz for the next couple days!

We haven't had a decent snowfall for a couple weeks now and I need it if I'm going to have a good March. I have guests coming this weekend who have also booked a horse-drawn sleigh ride and a dog sledding excursion, but if the forecast for RAIN and unseasonably WARM temps is accurate, they might be a wash. If this keeps up, I'll have to start my low season rates earlier than usual. Grumble. Vent. Okay I feel better..
happyjacks said:
We haven't had a decent snowfall for a couple weeks now and I need it if I'm going to have a good March. I have guests coming this weekend who have also booked a horse-drawn sleigh ride and a dog sledding excursion, but if the forecast for RAIN and unseasonably WARM temps is accurate, they might be a wash. If this keeps up, I'll have to start my low season rates earlier than usual. Grumble. Vent. Okay I feel better.
teeth_smile.gif

Yay! It just started snowing here! I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't warm up enough to turn to rain this afternoon. Spring is a sloooow season for us, so I need winter to last as long as it can. Last year it took us right to the end of March. This year....? We'll see what Ma Nature throws our way.
We went to Half-Price Books today and it was 62 degrees there (near Pittsburgh). I found the Russell Stover Store near Cabella's in Wheeling today also. I got a box of the strawberry creme hearts for $4.50 (25 cents each) that I will put on the bed with the silk rose petals and Hersey's kisses. Their boxes of Bloopers (rejects because of shape or did not get cocolated right) were 3 lbs for $1.99. I will be getting a chocolate buzz for the next couple days!
gillumhouse said:
I know that store well! (Half Price Books)
confused_smile.gif

happyjacks said:
teeth_smile.gif

gillumhouse said:
confused_smile.gif

I thought of you when we were there. I LOVE the Clearance section. Almost new books - some look as if never opened - for $1 and $2. We stopped at a new Books-A-Million by Cabella's also.

happyjacks said:
teeth_smile.gif

gillumhouse said:
confused_smile.gif

I thought of you when we were there. I LOVE the Clearance section. Almost new books - some look as if never opened - for $1 and $2. We stopped at a new Books-A-Million by Cabella's also.
gillumhouse said:
I bought this hsitorical novel there and gave it to my father (which he thoroughly enjoyed) who worked in steel his whole career, and will work on getting him to Pitts to see it for himself:
Meet You in Hell: Andrew Carnegie, Henry Clay Frick, and the Bitter Partnership That Changed America
by Les Standiford (Author)
Two founding fathers of American industry.One desire to dominate business at any price.
The author of Last Train to Paradise tells the riveting story of Andrew Carnegie, Henry Clay Frick, and the bloody steelworkers’ strike that transformed their fabled partnership into a furious rivalry. Set against the backdrop of the Gilded Age, Meet You in Hell captures the majesty and danger of steel manufacturing, the rough-and-tumble of the business world, and the fraught relationship between “the world’s richest man” and the ruthless coke magnate to whom he entrusted his companies. The result is an extraordinary work of popular history.

Back