So anyone can write a review!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys really helped me on this. I was able to get them both removed. Took some time but hopefully all will be good for at least these 2 guests. I really feel sorry for people that are just so miserable in their own lives they have to take it out on others. They should just stay under their rock.
On a side note I did something I have never really done before. I randomly give rooms away. I have done this 2 times now. It's worth it to me to watch the expressions on people's faces and the joy it brings them. I needed some positive energy in my life so I decided to get some. It's been fantastic, didn't really cost me much at all. It was guests that were already here and mentioned how they wish they could stay another night. I had other rooms available for a last min booking so I probably wouldn't have rented the current guests room anyway. So I just let them stay. No charge. You would of thought they won the lottery. I might do this a few times a month. It has been such a fun thing to do!
Thank you all for your help!

You guys really helped me on this. I was able to get them both removed. Took some time but hopefully all will be good for at least these 2 guests. I really feel sorry for people that are just so miserable in their own lives they have to take it out on others. They should just stay under their rock.
On a side note I did something I have never really done before. I randomly give rooms away. I have done this 2 times now. It's worth it to me to watch the expressions on people's faces and the joy it brings them. I needed some positive energy in my life so I decided to get some. It's been fantastic, didn't really cost me much at all. It was guests that were already here and mentioned how they wish they could stay another night. I had other rooms available for a last min booking so I probably wouldn't have rented the current guests room anyway. So I just let them stay. No charge. You would of thought they won the lottery. I might do this a few times a month. It has been such a fun thing to do!
Thank you all for your help!.
Paying it forward...wonderful..you are good!

Nicely played.

Wonderful - nothing can replace that warm feeling YOU get, can it. Happy Thanksgiving to your family and the Moms.

Hillbilly said:
So I just let them stay. No charge. You would of thought they won the lottery.
I had a small taste of this the other day, and it felt good. I had people who had reservations for Saturday and Sunday nights. Turns out they had to leave home a day early to avoid a predicted snow storm. They arrived here at 1 a.m. Saturday morning and spent the night in their car in front of my place!
I found out at 8 a.m. and told them their suite was ready and they could go ahead in and start using it. They asked how much for the extra 8 hours and I told them no charge, don't worry about it. They were VERY grateful.
That being said, after they left we found they broke a piece of crown molding over the kitchen cabinets, and one of the window shades. Easy fixes, but still, they were a little rough on the place!
They wrote a nice ***** FB review. Nothing on TA but you can't have everything!

Hillbilly said:
. I have done this 2 times now. It's worth it to me to watch the expressions on people's faces and the joy it brings them. I needed some positive energy in my life so I decided to get some. It's been fantastic, didn't really cost me much at all. ./quote]
thumbs_up.gif
Glad it worked out for you! I hope you all had a great thanksgiving out there!

Hillbilly said:
So I just let them stay. No charge. You would of thought they won the lottery. I might do this a few times a month. It has been such a fun thing to do!
I figure what's the point of having a B&B if I can't be generous with it sometimes?
=)
Kk.

Back