So ..... @$(*&^)$%#

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I would bet the farm there was NO TIP! May these guests next appear at the grungiest, nastiest establishment, the one with an innkeeper who has no problem telling them flat out - Go to Hell! As I said in the beginning, they had to be REAL LOSERS to have upset YOU!.
Well - they left me a giant bag of Wintergreen mints (I thought it was bengay everytime I walked in the room) and a really nice Thank You card ..... BUT other guests left me nice big ones (I think it was the sympathy vote).

I would have never put up with all of this crap! That is ridiculous!!! You are NOT a restaurant...are you? If you do your best to accomodate within norm boundaries..you have done your job. Kick the pita to the road!!!

Wow. I don't know if I would have managed not to kick them out of the damn house. Yer a saint..
ummmm - I think my imaginary shoe left a very big imprint in a couple of (in)appropriate places.
Saint ??? Hel .... Sorry HECK no. I think I was most freaked out because nothing was extraordinarily bad. It just added up .... and up ..... and up .....
UKMaineiac said:
ummmm - I think my imaginary shoe left a very big imprint in a couple of (in)appropriate places.
Saint ??? Hel .... Sorry HECK no. I think I was most freaked out because nothing was extraordinarily bad. It just added up .... and up ..... and up .....
Yup, and that's what does it. Faced with total obxness we deal. Faced with oppressively increasing obxness we start to wonder about our own sanity! (Well, not you, you're crazy anyway.
wink_smile.gif
)

TTB you are famous now, I told my mother and she did what we all do gasped and then laughed at the idea. She then called me to ask a question, she os making something and asked if I know how to skin raisins?
cheers.gif

Why do you let people walk all over you? Here's breakfast AS REQUESTED. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. Send these A-holes to Denny's if they don't like your offerings. Or better yet suggest to them that THIS may not be the right B&B for you and send them packing..
No one "walked all over me". I prepared breakfasts as requested - if they couldn't eat it - they didn't. I adapted for the next day's breakfast accordingly .... and if they couldn't eat it - they didn't. No waste with the re-done grapefruit - it just went to the next table and she had hers plain. If the request was plain ridiculous - the answer was "no". When they messed up the a/c - I told them (didn't just let it go) but they managed to mess it up a completely different way the next day.
They were always grateful and pleasant.
As I said, when writing it down it all seemed so petty and I'm surprised I didn't see the humor in it at the time .... but the cumulative effect just got to me. HOWEVER - "do you peel your blueberries" will now go down in TTB legend and make me laugh.
UKMaineiac said:
No one "walked all over me". I prepared breakfasts as requested - if they couldn't eat it - they didn't. I adapted for the next day's breakfast accordingly .... and if they couldn't eat it - they didn't. No waste with the re-done grapefruit - it just went to the next table and she had hers plain. If the request was plain ridiculous - the answer was "no". When they messed up the a/c - I told them (didn't just let it go) but they managed to mess it up a completely different way the next day.
As I said, when writing it down it all seemed so petty and I'm surprised I didn't see the humor in it at the time .... but the cumulative effect just got to me. HOWEVER - "do you peel your blueberries" will now go down in TTB legend and make me laugh.
It was the mounting of the little things that finally got to ya. Sounds like you are one that is easily able to brush it out the door and be done with it... See the humor and move on. Either that or you are still drinking those G&T
wink_smile.gif
No matter how you do it, good for you. Great guests heading your way!

as the saying goes, it is not one straw that breaks the camels back...

I think i've heard it all pealing a blueberry-"bless their heart"
You deserve many many alcoholic beveradges for putting up with that!

Why do you let people walk all over you? Here's breakfast AS REQUESTED. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. Send these A-holes to Denny's if they don't like your offerings. Or better yet suggest to them that THIS may not be the right B&B for you and send them packing..
UKMaineiac said:
It was the mounting of the little things that finally got to ya. Sounds like you are one that is easily able to brush it out the door and be done with it... See the humor and move on. Either that or you are still drinking those G&T
wink_smile.gif
..... and I had the most perfect house-full last night. All rooms filled with a lady travelling by herself. Lots and lots of laughter. I think DH is still hiding somewhere.

TTB you are famous now, I told my mother and she did what we all do gasped and then laughed at the idea. She then called me to ask a question, she os making something and asked if I know how to skin raisins?
cheers.gif
Yup - now I'm laughing about it ..... the ridiculosity (yes - that is a word - cos I say so) of it is priceless.

UKMaineiac said:
wink_smile.gif
..... and I had the most perfect house-full last night. All rooms filled with a lady travelling by herself. Lots and lots of laughter. I think DH is still hiding somewhere.
UKMaineiac said:
All rooms filled with a lady travelling by herself.
Was she really, really large?

UKMaineiac said:
wink_smile.gif
UKMaineiac said:
All rooms filled with a lady travelling by herself.
Was she really, really large?
Har, Har, Har :)

Wow. I don't know if I would have managed not to kick them out of the damn house. Yer a saint..
UKMaineiac said:
Yup, and that's what does it. Faced with total obxness we deal. Faced with oppressively increasing obxness we start to wonder about our own sanity! (Well, not you, you're crazy anyway.
wink_smile.gif
)
Alibi Ike said:
UKMaineiac said:
wink_smile.gif
)
It helps - a LOT!

Back