social media for 2015

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...websites not only have to be responsive, they have to be developed from the ground up with the mobile user in mind.
What will this mean for us? One thing that comes to mind are links needing to be far enough apart that fat fingers won't tap the wrong one.
Photos need to show up OK when shrunk to mobile device width.
Using a table to compare amenities among several rooms probably won't work because the screen isn't wide enough to show all the columns in a readable size.
What else do we need to think about?

...websites not only have to be responsive, they have to be developed from the ground up with the mobile user in mind.
What will this mean for us? One thing that comes to mind are links needing to be far enough apart that fat fingers won't tap the wrong one.
Using a table to compare amenities among several rooms probably won't work because the screen isn't wide enough to show all the columns in a readable size.
What else do we need to think about?.
I thought you already had a responsive site. I am sure yours is isnt' it? On mobile device navigation links are converted to a responsive menu.

I thought you already had a responsive site. I am sure yours is isnt' it? On mobile device navigation links are converted to a responsive menu.
EmptyNest said:
Yes mine is responsive, but they say "not just responsive, but redesigned from the ground up with mobile in mind". So they're saying being responsive isn't good enough.
I wasn't referring to navigation menus, but other buttons, and hyperlinks in text. Need to not have those too close together, if you use them, since fingers can't tap as precisely as a mouse click.

Part of the problem, even with a responsive site, is the way it is rendered on a small device. All of the sidebars are at the bottom of the page. So you need to be sure your links for reservations are at the top somewhere.
One thing I need to work on this month. Add another place to find the Rez calendar besides the drop down and the side bar.

EmptyNest said:
Yes mine is responsive, but they say "not just responsive, but redesigned from the ground up with mobile in mind". So they're saying being responsive isn't good enough.
I wasn't referring to navigation menus, but other buttons, and hyperlinks in text. Need to not have those too close together, if you use them, since fingers can't tap as precisely as a mouse click.
I saw that in a report I ran last year. Something about links being too close together. In reality, they are not, but if the test program just looks at the code, they seem to be.
But, yes, it's a ding for the site if it appears the links are close.

Back