Spam- yes or no?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no way an English person would tell an accomodation provider they were booking what their job was or how old they were definately spam..
There is no way an English person would tell an accomodation provider they were booking what their job was or how old they were definately spam.
Do YOU get a lot of spam like this that originates from yahoo.uk? Most of ours does.
YES! Way too much. I often wish there was a way to track these ridiculouos people down and that there was a law against terrorizing small business owners.

I got one today .... but the wording was better, the address was traceable (Norway) and the e-mail showed familiarity with my site, combined with a "career" that was a perfect match for this area. So I responded and now have a 10 night booking.

One thing that flags up for me as well is when the names are wrong for example one today was Mrs Mike and the other couple was Mr Simon well you can tell they have found english names just can't tell the diference between first and second.
I have the same problem with non-English names! I can't tell how I should address my replies! Embarrassing.
I know some are awful I just put them on as Dear Jxnua Tpyxn or however it popps up on the reservation email or whatever

10 night booking? Did you run the deposit yet to make sure.
10 nights make me suspect, that number always seems odd for a booking.

I got one today .... but the wording was better, the address was traceable (Norway) and the e-mail showed familiarity with my site, combined with a "career" that was a perfect match for this area. So I responded and now have a 10 night booking..
Yay!
3 of them in the mail when I got back today. One from Italy, one from Spain and one from the US. Italy ok, apologized for poor English, I apologized for poor Italian, now waiting. One from Spain was a rock band for 10 days, not ok. One from US seemed ok, still waiting on that one.

I got one today .... but the wording was better, the address was traceable (Norway) and the e-mail showed familiarity with my site, combined with a "career" that was a perfect match for this area. So I responded and now have a 10 night booking..
Yay!
3 of them in the mail when I got back today. One from Italy, one from Spain and one from the US. Italy ok, apologized for poor English, I apologized for poor Italian, now waiting. One from Spain was a rock band for 10 days, not ok. One from US seemed ok, still waiting on that one.
Now I feel like a real innkeeper. Got a request for a 15 night reservation for 4 pediatric and adult cardiologists from London in this non-touristy Midwest town who want to spend Christmas and New Years here. Not!

Yay!
Now I feel like a real innkeeper. Got a request for a 15 night reservation for 4 pediatric and adult cardiologists from London in this non-touristy Midwest town who want to spend Christmas and New Years here. Not!
Innkeep said:
That is how I felt too!

Sounds like spam from the get go. This would not prompt a response other than DELETE from me. Come on folks..normal people just don't write like that.
tounge_smile.gif

Back