Stained carpet

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Went to clean a room last weekend and there was what looked like a milk shake splashed all over the dresser. Got the dresser cleaned but now the carpet is either stained or bleached in the exact 'spray trajectory' that would have occurred given where the dresser was.
We've cleaned it with carpet spray and today cleaned it again with the machine. I can still see the marks.
Any ideas? It was vanilla so it's a white stain on beige carpet.

Did you try oxy?
I ran to buy a new lampshade today. There was what appeared to be a blood stain on it. Some on the wall, but the wall part came off easily. Thankfully they were clearing out white lampshades at the store that sells Chinese goods with Scandanavian names... $1.99 per lampshade. Gas likely cost me more.

Did you try oxy?
I ran to buy a new lampshade today. There was what appeared to be a blood stain on it. Some on the wall, but the wall part came off easily. Thankfully they were clearing out white lampshades at the store that sells Chinese goods with Scandanavian names... $1.99 per lampshade. Gas likely cost me more..
Baby Puss said:
Did you try oxy?
Tomorrow. If we have time.

Did you try oxy?
I ran to buy a new lampshade today. There was what appeared to be a blood stain on it. Some on the wall, but the wall part came off easily. Thankfully they were clearing out white lampshades at the store that sells Chinese goods with Scandanavian names... $1.99 per lampshade. Gas likely cost me more..
I will say that particular shop is very handy for BB supplies - we get a ton of toilet seats, loo brushes and pan scrubbers!

Did you try oxy?
I will say that particular shop is very handy for BB supplies - we get a ton of toilet seats, loo brushes and pan scrubbers!
Disposable crap. Because anything really nice, isn't made from toothpicks combined with glue.

Did you try oxy?
Baby Puss said:
Did you try oxy?
I also have had success with resolve carpet cleaner.
Good old vinegar will break up the sugar in the milk shake.
My next line of defense was straight alcohol does wonders" Vodka " Maybe you would like to try that first.

Did you try oxy?
Baby Puss said:
Did you try oxy?
My next line of defense was straight alcohol does wonders" Vodka " Maybe you would like to try that first.
On the carpet - although a bit in the innkeeper probably would not hurt.

Did you try oxy?
Baby Puss said:
Did you try oxy?
Do be careful of the color of the rug. We cleaned blood off a wool "sisal" beige colored rug a few years ago and now can clearly see the white splotches where the oxy was used.

Did you try oxy?
Baby Puss said:
Did you try oxy?
Do be careful of the color of the rug. We cleaned blood off a wool "sisal" beige colored rug a few years ago and now can clearly see the white splotches where the oxy was used.
Good info. We don't have time today anyway. Hopefully tomorrow.
Unfortunately, I didn't notice it until yesterday. It's been there for over a week now so I'm guessing the carpet is bleached out rather than stained.
If it has to be replaced at least it's on the other side of the house so I can get something different.

Did you try oxy?
Baby Puss said:
Did you try oxy?
gillumhouse said:
Ha! I was thinking along these lines too. Great minds, they say...

Cannot speak for this stain or rug, but I found the best multicleaning choice when other things fail is wd-40.

Did you try oxy?
Baby Puss said:
Did you try oxy?
thumbs_up.gif

yes, I think it's some kind of bleach or bleachlike product on your rug that has pulled the color from the fibers. I saw a product called carpet dye sticks bleachstain com our-products.html Looks like you have to buy a kit but could be worth it.

When our housekeeper dropped a bottle of bleach on the carpet in our most expensive room, it bleached the green carpet into a wonderful huge yellow splotch. We tried everything and nothing worked. But a dye kit from bleach stain.com and it took a couple hours but the stain is gone. Save us replacing the carpet at a huge expense for our commercial carpet. Highly recommend the product. Good luck.

When our housekeeper dropped a bottle of bleach on the carpet in our most expensive room, it bleached the green carpet into a wonderful huge yellow splotch. We tried everything and nothing worked. But a dye kit from bleach stain.com and it took a couple hours but the stain is gone. Save us replacing the carpet at a huge expense for our commercial carpet. Highly recommend the product. Good luck..
Good reason not to let cleaners use bleach in their arsenal, unless absolutely necessary. Has a nasty smell anyways.

Latest posts

Back