StarLink

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluedragonflyinn

Reaction score
Hello all! Quick question: do any of you use StarLink for your internet, and if so, what do you think of it? Issues with data caps, satellite reception (clouds, storms), usage, etc?

We use it in our RV on trips, but don't have it for stationary use. I think for a small B&B of a few rooms it could work fine. I think if you were larger it would cause too much lag or the bandwidth limits might come into play.

The fire sprinkler system in one of my buildings is monitored over StarLink. I was shocked to see that. Apparently, StarLink is for real and being used to do real world things by big-time companies. One of Elon Musk's occasional wins, like my wonderful wonderful Tesla!

It's worth noting that Elon has neither invented Starlink satellites, Tesla vehicles, or any of the rockets. He just had the wealth and good sense to purchase those companies and hype them up.

Taking what is available and improving/marketing it has been used for centuries for the betterment of the public AND the bank accounts of the people who did just that.

We use it in our RV on trips, but don't have it for stationary use. I think for a small B&B of a few rooms it could work fine. I think if you were larger it would cause too much lag or the bandwidth limits might come into play.
Thank you for an answer that actually pertains to my question. I appreciate it. :)

The fire sprinkler system in one of my buildings is monitored over StarLink. I was shocked to see that. Apparently, StarLink is for real and being used to do real world things by big-time companies. One of Elon Musk's occasional wins, like my wonderful wonderful Tesla!
Occasional wins - Hmmm

Back