stop taking my peaches!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have gradually gotten to the point where anything I don't want guests to touch I lock up. We have access hatches above the ensuite bathrooms so you can get in to the extractor fan etc and I have had people looking in the (for who knows what?) and helping themselves to things or just generally wandering about and touching things It is sad that I have had to do that but it is one bad apple that spoils the barrel

i think the guests assumed the peaches were for them. especially since the supply was replenished.
guests don't usually know that the kitchen is also your kitchen ... even when you explain it, they often don't seem to understand the boundaries. maybe they don't want to.
i learned the hard way that i had to lock up my stuff ... really random things and personal things that i would never have thought a guest would help herself to ...
if you've got to share space as you describe, anything you don't want guests to take, HIDE. peaches ripening in your bedroom would smell lovely. and lemons and limes in that bowl, squashes and mini pumpkins when fall comes, that would look nice.

Back