Stuff yourself with a 2 night min

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been working hard not only to get parents to come for graduation, family weekend, football games, etc. etc. but I have also been cultivating business guests from various departments at the university. It's difficult partly because a different person seems to do the booking in every darned department, and sometimes if a secretary quits the replacement doesn't know that it's OK to stay with me.
I took a hit 18 months ago when the Student Center was remodelled because they redid the 25 overnight rooms there and are now calling it a "hotel". Some departments have been told that if they want the university to pick up the bill, they need to book the Student Center.
This week the paper said that the university plans to build a new 100 room hotel on campus to give their hospitality majors some place to work.
Having said this, I have 3/4 rooms with 2 nighters and 1/4 room with 2 1-nighters for graduation this weekend, that's without making a 2-night minimum..
thats harsh. We've just dodged 2 bullets they were trying to build a 71 bed hotel Travelodge about 10 mins walk from us which planning has just been officially squeltched! was in the paper yesterday and they were going to open a 100 bed Premier inn virtually opposite us which would have a link walkway to the conference center. It was supposed to break ground in September but Whitbread the company building it have dropped their share price like a stone so I don't think they have the money. They were supposed to break ground in September 2011 and there hasn't even been a man with a shovel digging a hole so I am hopefull its been shelved!
That's it Cambs.. you and your neighbor inns have been there through thick and thin, before the convention center etc... and then now that the area is a convention hub, these big hotels come in hand out the big $$ and get the lots next door with covered walkways and the like. It happens everywhere.
cry_smile.gif

Hope you can get some Last Minute Louies in there, JB! I'm sure that you're tweeting, putting it out on FB, etc., etc. Sorry...
sad_smile.gif

Back